Christmas in July(R) Sale
19 Members and 12134 Guests Online

Health & Fitness

thick uterine lining

Started 1296955553.877 in Health & Fitness | Last reply 1297104768.72 by Ilovehummingbirds

Has anybody ever had a hysterectomy for thick uterine lining? Or is there any other treatment you tried before hysterectomy?

Page 1 of 1
Marin3141296955827.057272 PostsRegistered 6/14/2008

My sister had ablation therapy,she says its the best thing she has ever done.No more perods.I think ...well try googling it .

Marin

peace65761296955931.4471223 PostsRegistered 10/17/2009

I have had a hysterectomy but not for uterine lining. I am also a nurse in the recovery room so I see a lot of gyn surgery. Ask your doctor if he thinks a Novasure Ablation might be appropriate for you. It is where they actually ablate or remove the endometrial lining of the uterus while keeping the organ itself intact. It is an outpatient procedure with little downtime. If you do have a hysterectomy be sure and find a surgeon who is comfortable with laparoscopic procedures...there really is no reason these days to have to have an abdominal hysterectomy. Good Luck.

jagk1296956283.047180 PostsRegistered 7/29/2010

I am overweight so I dont thick I can have the laparoscopic one.

peace65761296956519.2271223 PostsRegistered 10/17/2009

You absolutely can have a laparoscopic or vaginal hysterectomy even if you are overweight. Just last week we recovered a woman who was well over 300lbs, who had a laparoscopic oophorectomy/hysterectomy. I have taken care of many overweight woman who have had laparoscopic procedures...it is a matter of finding a competent surgeon.

bprtlr1296958049.1674 PostsRegistered 6/13/2010

I have a sister-in-law that had her uterus scrapped.. or something like that. She no longer has a cycle because of what she had done. Didn't take her anytime to recover.

MADALAINE1296967194.507693 PostsRegistered 2/15/2006Texas

This is called adenomyosis. I have it too. It's like a crime scene each month when its that time. I am hoping I can stick it out until menopause though. I really don't want to mess with my uterus. While I don't intend to have anymore children, psychologically if I do ablation or have a hysterectomy, no more babies.

jagk1296999997.243180 PostsRegistered 7/29/2010

Im 54 already through menopause. Biopsy show uterus has to much estrogen and the lining keeps getting thicker and thicker. Dr say high risk for cancer and should have hysterectomy. I scared because I am overweight. When I had dc , had hard time waking from anethesia. I live close to Pittsburgh Pa. Dr thicks I should go there better equipment.Does anyone know if you can have a spinal and how does that work out?

colliemom31297041957.1715570 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

I tried the ablation and it didn't work for me, so I had a hysterectomy done about 1 1/2 years later. It was my only option. I have no regrets except that I wish I would have done it sooner!

lavenderju­nkie1297042809.68312806 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I had one, after 2 D&Cs. They started to see cell changes and said DO IT NOW. So I didn't feel I had a choice. It went relatively smoothly, I was out of the hospital in 2 days. I had abdominal surgery. 2 different surgeons at 2 different major hospitals (where they do this very often) said abdominal surgery was necessary/appropriate (could have been for multiple reasons). Recovery wasn't bad at all. No, it wasn't fun, but all in all, much, much, much easier than I thought. I asked for anti-nausea drugs, because I have a problem with anesthesia. And they worked! I also can't take pain meds, so after a day of IV pain meds, I tried 1/2 of 1 percoset.... made me dizzy. I switched to Advil after that and was fine. Took care of myself once I got home. It's amazing how great you feel as soon as you leave the hospital. Only difficulty was doing laundry (required bending) and needing a ride to the dr for checkups. Random pain from the healing, weeks later, was probably the worst part, and that didn't last very long.

Go to a doctor and hospital where they do the procedure often. That is what I did. They know how to handle things and have the right resources. The doctor I chose also practiced at a hospital closer to my home. He refused to do the procedure there. He said the major hospital had the resources in case of emergencies and the staff had lots of experience.

My only other advice is to take care of it while it's a minor problem. Waiting won't make it get better and could make the situation a lot worse. I'm lucky the doctors told me this was the only option because the risk of waiting was too high. I had surgery, got better, and I'm done. No followup treatment needed. And you can't have problems with organs you no longer have. Wink

Last edited on 2/6/2011

Last edited on 2/6/2011

tends2dogs1297042926.32363 PostsRegistered 5/8/2010

Has anyone recommended giving bioidentical progesterone a try? This can balance your high level of estrogen. It might be worth a try.

MENTL1297044112.0871095 PostsRegistered 10/21/2006EARTH
On 2/6/2011 jagk said:

Im 54 already through menopause. Biopsy show uterus has to much estrogen and the lining keeps getting thicker and thicker. Dr say high risk for cancer and should have hysterectomy. I scared because I am overweight. When I had dc , had hard time waking from anethesia. I live close to Pittsburgh Pa. Dr thicks I should go there better equipment.Does anyone know if you can have a spinal and how does that work out?

What does your Dr. think?

Ilovehummi­ngbirds1297104768.724811 PostsRegistered 7/12/2007
On 2/6/2011 MENTL said:
On 2/6/2011 jagk said:

What does your Dr. think?

Evista caused me to have a lining of 15mm.........from 8mm to 15mm in less than two years.......I got off of Evista and really that drug did nothing for me.......Jesus is healing my bones. After the D&C.....I went from 15mm to 8mm........I started praying.......now my lining is 2 mm..........how precious Jesus is. Many doctors start with a hysterectomy yet if you look around for a great doctor that wants that to be the last step.....and get a second opinion...that is what I go for.....I pray for you your lining will return to normal. I am saved by Christ and I believe he still heals and he does.

Page 1 of 1