Regular Contributor

Same styles and shapes, but different names?

I love D&B, but is anyone else noticing this? All of the bags are looking like the same shape, just named differently and from different collections (Pebble, Florentine, etc.). Hmm...I'd like to see some NEW bags with NEW shapes. How about you?
Respected Contributor

Re: Same styles and shapes, but different names?

yes. Hope to see something new but I would guess we are going to see the logo lock soon.
Honored Contributor

They don't show many Florentines anymore. I think there are a lot of returns on that type of leather because it scratches so easily and, unlike what the vendor says, you cannot just "rub it off with your finger."

I bought one Florentine once and sent it back due to this issue.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Dooney has long been known to produce the same silhouettes in different leathers... I guess when it gets right down to it, there are only so many shapes and sizes designers can come up with!

Yes, not seeing much Florentine these days. It's certainly not the leather of choice if you want the bag to appear new and pristine over the longer term. I don't mind the broken in look, but I think the pebbled leathers wear better for those seeking less of a worn look.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Saffiano wears well too, and although I happen to love it, it isn't a leather that everyone likes.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I also noticed that the average price for a Dooney is over $250 --- huh????