Contributor

GILI handbag for $699!!! Are you kidding me?

Yeah it's a big bag, but I otherwise don't see why it is priced so high. And I thought Dooney was expensive. I figure I'm splurging if I spend close to $100 on a bag. I think this whole GILI line is way over priced. It's QVC's ego showing.
Trusted Contributor

Re: GILI handbag for $699!!! Are you kidding me?

Hahahaha - I just mentioned that under another topic. I do spend a lot on my bags but they have to be Kate Spade or a few other brands before I will spend that kind of money. I only buy high end name brand bags. There is nothing that QVC sells that even comes close to the quality that I'm accustomed to in a bag.

Respected Contributor

Good grief!!
Respected Contributor

IMO, it is not pretty. I would rather have $700.00

G.I.L.I. Lizard Leather Large Hobo Bag - A254211

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many will be left in inventory.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

I Agree with Danielle,nothing QVC sells is high end or worth $700, that's not what they're about.
Honored Contributor

I was a bit surprised when I saw the bag and price. I could have a Frye bag for that price.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

This is just obscene for a 'house brand' bag. I had to look twice, thinking it was a typo. It will end up in a consignment shop for a fraction of the price, like the other Gili bags cropping up here, north of Boston.

I'm not usually this negative, but I take exception to something of this lower pedigree and quality priced so insultingly.

Honored Contributor

The most recent review for this handbag is pretty scathing--an obvious return, shoved in a plastic bag and missing the iconic tassel. After a year from initial release, whatever is left is a return and most likely missing the tassel and/or dust bag--plus might have been used by a former customer for a month. Can't imagine dtopping 700 for a used, not in "mint" condition handbag. It will probably be bought by an unsuspecting JM fan.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I choked when I confirmed the price with a second look. Thought my eyeball was stuck - and it's an unattractive bag. You'd have to be totally nuts to pay that for this (or any other GILI) product.