Esteemed Contributor

I have never purchased a straw bag. Was worried about durability. Brighton sent me an e-mail and that is a line that I favor. But they are not cheap and seldom on sale. Has anyone carried a straw bag for more than one season?

Any input is appreciated. Kiss

Love the looks of this new "Emme" in Ink. Got a thing about navy this year.

Eve Delight Emme Shoulderbag

Handmade from natural materials, this season's straw bags present a soothing and elegant escape from the ordinary. Textured pieces and artisanal accents like braiding, applique, and beading bring a touch of luxe and celebrate intricate craftsmanship.

Eve Delight Eva Straw Tote Addison Straw Cross BodyLondon Groove Kinley Straw Hobo

Balboa Bren Straw Shoulderbag

Super Contributor
Hi Cindy, wow, these are beautiful. I've had several straw bags over the years, and although I'm careful with my purses, the straw always eventually dries out, and starts fraying. Like split ends on hair. It's the nature of the beast, I believe. I know Brighton bags aren't cheap, so I think I'd think hard before buying one of these.
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/24/2015 mollysmama said: Hi Cindy, wow, these are beautiful. I've had several straw bags over the years, and although I'm careful with my purses, the straw always eventually dries out, and starts fraying. Like split ends on hair. It's the nature of the beast, I believe. I know Brighton bags aren't cheap, so I think I'd think hard before buying one of these.

Thank you for the quick response. So tempting though. But $200 is a lot of $$ for a summer item. Too bad they can't do a good synthetic coating.

Super Contributor
Cindy, I have seen some very nice synthetic straw bags in the past that look very real. Maybe you could google and find a brand you like Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor
I saw this look at Macys the other day and loved it! But for the reasons already mentioned, when it comes to this type of bags, I'd get a less expensive version, were I to get one....
Frequent Contributor

I have a John Romain purse that is 30 years old. It's still nice. (jute and straw)

Honored Contributor

I saw a Banana Republic straw bag several years ago that I really liked. Still kicking myself for not buying it.

Honored Contributor
I love the navy one, especially with denim. It won't look dirty as quickly as the lighter-colored ones. And the straw material looks more durable than the others.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/26/2015 handygal said: I love the navy one, especially with denim. It won't look dirty as quickly as the lighter-colored ones. And the straw material looks more durable than the others.

I know..that one still haunts me !! Haven't yet ruled that one out. Love the soft strap and the contrasting tones.

Eve Delight Emme Shoulderbag