Occasional Contributor

Please help--is this a deal breaker?

Hi all. Newbie here. Maybe a stupid question, but I definitely need opinions, please.

I just received a gorgeous Chi/Falchi bag with flap closure. Black lizard embossed patent leather/suede finish. Perfect in every way EXCEPT when the flap is lifted, the pattern on the underside of the flap goes side to side, while the rest of the bag (front/back/outside of flap) goes up & down. So this is only seen when one opens the bag. While carried, it looks spectacular.

There are no others left to reorder/exchange, so it's this one or nothing. Great deal on clearance, a little over 25% of original retail. Bags in other colors are consistent up & down, outside & in. Just this (favorite, of course!) black bag is like this. I can't decide if this imperfection is acceptable or not.

So is this a keeper or a deal breaker? Am I being too picky?

I'd appreciate your opinions--thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Please help--is this a deal breaker?

I will check one of my CHI handbags and see if they are like yours. He does do different things with his handbags. Be right back.

Honored Contributor

What is the pattern of the material?

I looked at one of mine but the material can be any way because it does have CHI (in writing) and some are across, some are upside down and some sideways.

Honored Contributor

If you like the handbag and it was a good price, I would keep it. He may have done that on purpose. He is an artist. I love his style and his handbags are well made, different from other brands.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Sis. Thanks for the quick response.

It's not the fabric lining that's inside the bag itself. The flap is lined with the same embossed leather as the outside of the bag. So the ""lizard skin"" (which has thick & thin patterned strips) goes across on the inner flap while the rest of the bag goes up & down.

I hope I'm making sense in my description here.

Honored Contributor

Will check again. Right back

Honored Contributor

This is Falchi's style. He uses many different textures, shades of color for his designs.

This is why I love his handbags. One of my bags has three different patterns and material.

Keep the bag and know you are carrying artSmile

Occasional Contributor

Yup, I have one of those bags with the 3 different treatments AND convertible to 3 carrying options. Remarkable.

Thanks for your help. I feel much better.

Honored Contributor

I'd keep it... The flap is going to be closed when it really matters...

Wink

Besides, it sounds like a design feature...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hello stevieb, I need to check out the handbag thread. Fun to talk to everyone about handbags.

talkingq, check out that thread. Lots of fun and where other women are handbag addicts.