Super Contributor

GILI stirrup hobo bag - no dust cover??

Ladies....I assumed all GILI bags came with a dust cover. But my new A259715 doesn't have one. ?? Went back and read the description and it doesn't mention a dust cover. Anyone receive this bag with? I am curious. TIA.
Contributor

Re: GILI stirrup hobo bag - no dust cover??

I ordered both the black and brown snake. I liked them, but they were too small for me.

Both had a dust cover.

Super Contributor

Hummm. Thanks cofeec. I knew there should be a dust cover with this bag. I was so excited to open my package that I forgot about the dust cover until I had her completely unwrapped and was trying her over my shoulder in front of a mirror. Looked inside the bag, looked inside all the packaging materials - and no dust cover. I know CS will tell me to send it back for a replacement but if I go to those lengths, I might as well just send it back for a credit to my card.
Super Contributor

All the GILI bags come with a dust cover. My guess is you got a customer return and they kept the dust cover. What color did you get?
Honored Contributor

Yes, all of my GILI handbags included a dust cover. You might have received a return. Was the hardware including zipper pulls covered in plastic? All the new handbags sent to me were well packaged with plastic over the hardware as well as the tassel. The handbag was packed in the dust cover and finally in a large plastic bag with the product sticker on the outside of the large plastic bag. Call CS & ask them to send the dust cover or for a partial credit.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Krissie...I agree with you that this is a return. The more I looked at it this afternoon I noticed that the glue is coming undone on the tassel. Yes, it's stitched on both ends of the top of the tassel but I am concerned about the section in between where the glue is already separating. I looked at my other three GILI bags and the tassel is very well stitched and glued. I got the black croco.
Super Contributor

Hi Chi-town girl. I am certain this was a return. Makes me mad because if I had wanted to save 90.00 I would have purchased an ""as is"" bag. And....there was no tissue over the hardware as my previous GILI bags had. That's a good idea about asking for a partial credit. How much do you think they would give me?
Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 benzgirl said: Hi Chi-town girl. I am certain this was a return. Makes me mad because if I had wanted to save 90.00 I would have purchased an "as is" bag. And....there was no tissue over the hardware as my previous GILI bags had. That's a good idea about asking for a partial credit. How much do you think they would give me?
I was offered a partial credit of $5/approx 10% of the value of a Joan Rivers bee pin that I received with a missing crystal. Since you also see a defect with the tassel-you have 2 issues, so ask what they would offer. A 10% credit would be nice given the cost of that handbag, but I'm not sure if they have a $ limit. Good luck & let us know the resolution!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

On 3/18/2015 benzgirl said: Krissie...I agree with you that this is a return. The more I looked at it this afternoon I noticed that the glue is coming undone on the tassel. Yes, it's stitched on both ends of the top of the tassel but I am concerned about the section in between where the glue is already separating. I looked at my other three GILI bags and the tassel is very well stitched and glued. I got the black croco.

This sending out of returns that aren't in perfect condition as new is QVC's nastiest practice. It's so wrong and unfair to customers.

Benzgirl, since this is almost a $350 purchase with tax and shipping, make sure you are OK keeping it at all. If you exchange it, they should pay the costs both ways.

As far as getting a credit, I personally would tell them I wanted it for the "as is" price, which is $239.82, since you received an "as is" bag. It sounds like the tassel will not last the life of the bag.

I went through this same thing with the GILI Chelsea hobo in white. Did three exchanges, and was sent used bags all three times. Two were missing the tassel and one was missing the dust bag. And being white, it was easy to see that they had been used. I was never offered a discount, and I refused to pay that much for a used bag, so I returned them all and decided that bag wasn't meant to be mine.

Good luck, and whatever you do, make sure you feel good about your choice. This bag is on Ebay often, so you have options.

Super Contributor

Krissie...I am NOT ok with keeping this bag. The more I looked at it, the angrier I got. I am packing it up and sending it back - but not before I call CS to tell them why it's coming back. On even further inspection I see gouges (like slash marks) on the fringe-things of the tassel. Might not even ask for a new replacement because I just can't trust getting an honest-to-goodness 'new' bag. The sad thing is that this was going to be a real treat to myself for coming through a tough winter. Think I will look for a black croco elsewhere. On my way to call CS right now.