Occasional Contributor

Anyone use the Chelsea as a business tote?

Hello ladies,

I recently ordered the Dillon Chelsea in black with the brown trim/handles. I am a huge Dooney fan so I'm sure I will love the bag. I was wondering if anyone here uses this bag as a work tote? I have to fly for business frequently and have to bring a very small laptop computer (12 in) with me. I am hoping when my Chelsea arrives, my little laptop will fit nicely inside. I plan to use one side for business, keep my wallet in the zippered compartment and carry a small make up bag, hand sanitizer and lotion in the other side. Every time I try to downsize my bag, I regret it. Flying limits me to a carry on and one additional piece and so I want this Chelsea bag to act as my purse and tote when I need to carry my laptop.

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone use the Chelsea as a business tote?

I think you should be fine. Lucky you - you have a smaller laptop. My laptop is 15.6" and I travel for work a lot so I have to check in my suitcase because I carry a laptop bag + a handbag. There is no way I can get away with a small bag inside my laptop bag.... oh well, maybe I'll change jobs and stop traveling..... I have the Chelsea bag too and I like it, but due to unprotected opening, you should be careful, so no one pulls out your laptop out of your bag when you are not paying attention....
Occasional Contributor

thanks tough kitty! I received my bag today and of course I immediately had to change purses and carry it. My laptop fits nicely and not to heavy to still carry comfortably. You make a valid point about being careful since it doesn't zip shut. Normally I carry a Vera Bradly laptop tote that has a little toggle closure with the small frannie bag tucked inside for essentials when going out after work. I have the same issue with needing to be careful that nothing falls out or is lifted without my knowledge. I like traveling for work, and now have my essentials sized down to where I can manage easier. I leave my charging cable and accessories in my carry on suitcase. My boarding pass, phone, wallet, and minimal make-up are all that go in my tote/purse. The Chelsea will fit nicely under the seat on the plane and because I got the Dillen leather, it should hold up nicely. I am really looking forward to my next trip now!

Valued Contributor

Glad you like it! Smiley Happy Nice tips on the packing... I should think of the way to merge my bags too! Would definitely save me time if I can avoid checking my bag!!! Please, come back with a review after your trip Smiley Happy