Valued Contributor

Well, I finally took the plunge and bought

a Dooney. A252389 on the Q list was on sale on the Macy's website for 149 and another 20% off that. Since I was heading up north of where I live I stopped by the mall and went to Macy's. The sales girl not only gave me the sale price but a 25% coupon on top of that. It ended up costing me 110.39 . I could not resist. I don't spend a lot of money on things like this but this was a price I could handle. It is the pebble leather one so I hope it will not be too heavy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I finally took the plunge and bought

Congratulations, you are going to love your new Dooney! They really are beautiful bags and they last like iron~! It was actually my first designer love. I found a satchel in a thrift store (pretty beat up) and bought it anyway for $15~! All leather in taupe. I was told by a friend that I could send it into Dooney and they would repair and clean her up for a fee, so I did that. Unfortunately, they said it was too far gone to be repaired, BUT they would let me buy a brand new one in the same style in any color FOR HALF PRICE~! I was delirious. My DH said he would buy it for me for my birthday.... so a brand new Large Satchel in Navy with brown leather trim came to my house for $150 (this was in the 90's). I still have that bag today, in very good condition and I love it! I eventually got a matching wallet too.

As you can tell.... I love Dooney! Enjoy your new Dooney in the greatest health! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Enjoy your new bag. What color did you get?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

That is a great bag and I've had my eye on that Zip Zip for a while. I hope you enjoy it!

I'm glad Macy's gave you such a good discount. They know it's important for women to get those discounts because Macy's does not believe that women should be paid fairly. Macy's wrote to Texas Governor Rick Perry ans asked him to veto a fair pay for women act in 2013, which he did. I refuse to shop there because if they don't think I deserve to be paid fairly or seek compensation when I learn I have not been paid fairly, I don't think they deserve a dime of that money I earned. At least they recognize that women are going to need those coupons!

Super Contributor

I love my Zip Zip satchel! It is such a great bag! What color did you get? I've got it in yellow and get sooo many compliments each time I carry it. You will really enjoy this bag!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought that same style from my Macy's in turquoise!! You will love it!!

Super Contributor

Congratulations! I have the white for this spring/summer which I bought last fall in zip zip satchel. You got a GREAT deal.
Valued Contributor

I chose the midnight blue. Thanks for all the good reviews on the bag. They had some very pretty spring colors but since it is not in my senior budget to get more I chose a color for year round.

Regular Contributor

I love that bag as well! Enjoy!
Valued Contributor

I just ordered the *zip zip* in caramel and the small caramel wallet I found on clearance. I hope the two colors are similar. I have a Black/White Houndstooth D&B I love. CAT