Contributor

I prefer the reverse pattern inside bags

I do not like the plain black or solid color inside the bag. Vera Bradley is doing that more and more now. I noticed this time, that the rep., I think her name is Lynn, avoided showing the inside of all the bags. I like Liz Money because she definitely makes sure she shows the inside of each bag in her presentation. However, for me, I do not like the solid color inside the bag. It must be less expensive for Vera Bradley to use a solid color than use the pattern companion inside the bag. I think it is a big mistake.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I prefer the reverse pattern inside bags

Oh I definitely agree. If they start cheapening their bags, they're going to lose a lot of popularity. I think Vera fans enjoy the extras, such as the reverse pattern interiors, lots of pockets, the quilting, and other handy features. If you take those things away, you're going to be left with bargain basement cloth bags.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

I also agree. I have been noticing fewer pockets, especially zipper pockets in purses & totes. Also the cloth handles keep getting thinner or are replaced by faux leather. Something else that has changed is the code/card that comes with your order from VB. $30 off on next full price purchase of $125 or more. At least it can be redeemed by a participating retailer, as well as at a VB store or VB.com. It bothers me that we have to spend more on items that are lesser quality or have fewer extras like patterned interiors & pockets. I wish they would go back to offering fewer new patterns & maintain or return to the quality that attracted me to VB in the first place.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/28/2015 KathT said: I also agree. I have been noticing fewer pockets, especially zipper pockets in purses & totes. Also the cloth handles keep getting thinner or are replaced by faux leather. Something else that has changed is the code/card that comes with your order from VB. $30 off on next full price purchase of $125 or more. At least it can be redeemed by a participating retailer, as well as at a VB store or VB.com. It bothers me that we have to spend more on items that are lesser quality or have fewer extras like patterned interiors & pockets. I wish they would go back to offering fewer new patterns & maintain or return to the quality that attracted me to VB in the first place.

KathT, exactly! I remember when the Q was selling bags made especially for them. There were less pockets, the magnets were so strong that the fabric was tearing, there were less zippers, and again, the straps were getting too thin.

If this is the way Vera is heading, they're going to be in deep trouble. Real Vera lovers aren't going to accept junk.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett