Valued Contributor

Do You Have Online Strap Source?

Hi, all:

I just received the GILI Chelsea bag in saddle. I would love to have a crossbody strap made with gold hardware. I've searched for sources and found one but I have no way to know if the saddle color would match or be close.

What I would really LOVE is an exotic that works back to the handle and tassel.

Does anyone have a source I could check out, please? Many thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Have Online Strap Source?

Check out your neighborhood cobbler.

I'm the opposite. On my smaller bags, I remove the straps and use them as organizers in my larger totes.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Waterbaby, the only one I know of is Mautto. I haven't ordered from them yet, but I plan on it eventually. Esty may be another place to look. Good luck!

Valued Contributor

Thanks, ladies. The only one I found was Mautto, too. I'll take a closer look at it and see if they can send me a sample of the color and leather.
Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 waterbaby said: Thanks, ladies. The only one I found was Mautto, too. I'll take a closer look at it and see if they can send me a sample of the color and leather.

I forgot to say before, they have a Facebook page also.

Esteemed Contributor

waterbaby ... I have never ordered from Mautto but I they did send me samples of leather colors I was interested in. Unfortunately none of them matched the handbag I needed the strap for. HTH, Maria

Honored Contributor

I have not had to use this link thank goodness but I keep it on my favorites list in case I need it one day. There are straps in the middle of the page for cross body but the texture is hard to see. You may need to order one of their catalogues.

http://www.brahmin.com/info/Parts_and_Repairs

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

This makes me think my idea of putting the strap and tassel on my GILI croco bag on eBay isn't such a bad idea after all. There were 0 when I checked so I figured it was a waste of time.