Contributor

I DON'T LOVE I Love Dooney and have I been scammed by this website?

Dec. 12, 2014 I ordered a Signature Coated Cotton Mini Messenger bag from I Love Dooney online. Despite several emails to www.ilovedooney.com and calling Ilovedooney at 800-827-0003, no one is at the other end to talk to, so where are their customer reps on a day that should still be a busy shopping day? My account on the website states that I've paid for the bag, but that the Fullfillment Status is unfulfilled, so the question is where is my bag?

In all honesty, I've ordered items and returned items to them without any problems in the past, but I remember reading nightmare scenarios where women had numerous problems with I Love Dooney and would never purchase from them again. I'm at that point right now no more I Love Dooney, because once I have one bad experience, I don't give the company a second chance to get it wrong, again.

Be very careful if and when you order from I Love Dooney online or via the phone, because their customer service is horrendous, and they are less than a reputable site, in my opinion. Two of the best companies I choose to buy from and who stand behind their customer service and products are Brighton Collectibles and Nordstrom, so once I Love Dooney refunds me for the item I never received, I will never do business with them again.

Contributor

Re: I DON'T LOVE I Love Dooney and have I been scammed by this website?

First, ILoveDooney.com is Dooney's official outlet, from the same address, so I wouldn't consider it a scam & second, there have been many complaints about Dooney.com's fulfillment, response & communication this season. I know this doesn't help, especially if you were waiting for a gift, but just thought I'd let you know it's a Dooney thing this year. Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

Their CS is atrocious. Ultimately, you'll probably get someone to answer and your issue resolved, but we shouldn't have to put up with their ridiculous excuse for service .

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Amen.

Contributor

Dogdays, I knew that I Love Dooney was an official Dooney sight, but their complete affiliation with Dooney.com, makes both websites look even worse, because this is not the Dooney of old. I don't have to tell you that with seasonal help, you sometimes get uncommitted employees, while others are totally committed because they value their jobs and have excellent work ethics. But the bottom line is that companies cannot afford to treat customers with such disrespect, when competition is already so stiff out there.

I'm sorry that Dooney has gone so far down hill that they can't get it right and have made many customers unhappy this year, because they've totally lost a customer who has always enjoyed the quality and style of Dooneys. Thank you for your explanation, and I appreciate your honesty about it not being a scam and instead a Dooney problem, it is however a problem that Dooney has to fix immediately or they will continue to lose more customers.

One of the best handbag companies I've ever dealt with is Brighton Collectibles, and I've bought their products for over 25 years! They randomly send me $25.00 gift certificates throughout the year, free coin purses, a free bangle, and after Thanksgiving, they sent me a $50.00 gift certificate plus my birthday $25.00 gift certificate. Brighton Collectibles believes in giving back, and the difference of course is reflected in how they treat their customers, because they're a family-owned company, unlike Dooney who is publicly traded. Who would I rather make purchases from while still receiving excellent quality handbags and jewelry - Brighton Collectibles without a doubt!

Merry Christmas to you and yours and thanks again for your response.

Super Contributor

On 12/24/2014 dogdays said:

First, ILoveDooney.com is Dooney's official outlet, from the same address, so I wouldn't consider it a scam & second, there have been many complaints about Dooney.com's fulfillment, response & communication this season. I know this doesn't help, especially if you were waiting for a gift, but just thought I'd let you know it's a Dooney thing this year. Merry Christmas!

I agree! I've never had a problem with ILD -- only with Dooney.com - but, it IS the season for madness with retailers, and dooney is slow. I've ordered MANY items from ILD (and most are shipped quickly/received in less than a a week + there is no shipping/sales tax with them Smile ) so I can attest to the fact that they aren't "scam artists" - they also sell on The Bay and, you can rest assured the if they were messing up with orders, their FEEDBACK would reflect it! ALSO, The Bay would not be allowing them to continue to sell on their site. Here's hoping your shipment arrives!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, I won't order from them again either. I don't believe for a minute they're reputable. You can't call them and when you do, it rings busy or they just hang up the phone without saying anything. I was lucky to receive the bag I ordered, but I sure won't order another thing from them again mainly because you can't contact them to speak to a rep. I don't trust this site at all.

Honored Contributor

Notify your credit card company of the non-receipt of goods and let them handle it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

On 12/25/2014 Bluegrassbaby said:
On 12/24/2014 dogdays said:

First, ILoveDooney.com <em>is</em> Dooney's official outlet, from the same address, so I wouldn't consider it a scam & second, there have been many complaints about Dooney.com's fulfillment, response & communication this season. I know this doesn't help, especially if you were waiting for a gift, but just thought I'd let you know it's a Dooney thing this year. Merry Christmas!

Nope...it's not a Dooney thing this year. This mess has been going on for several years, and that's one of the reasons I refuse to shop with them ever again.

They have the absolute worst customer service I've ever had to deal with. I would love to see this company on the CBS "Undercover Boss" show.....I bet that would be an eyeopener for Peter.

I love it - that's a great idea!

Honored Contributor

Contact your credit card company immediately. They are legally bound to help you get a refund if you did not get your merchandise. Have your receipt and any documents ready when you call them. Just cancel through your card, get your money credited back to you and buy from some other vendor.