Frequent Contributor
I received mine today. The leather is stiff as a board! If what LR said about the leather softening with time, it will be a beautiful bag. I love the croco embossing and the black color is just classic. Did anyone else get this one? Have you had any experience with any other G.i.l.i. Bag that was stiff but did soften? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the leather. Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor
I received the chestnut color a few days ago and mine is very stiff, also. Lisa said it would soften after use.....but I'm wondering how MUCH use. The bag is very pretty but not sure if worth the price. You might read the reviews found on the individual product to see what others say. I got another one which was just a solid color leather and it's very soft. I've heard that expensive bags such as LV are stiff when first purchased but have never owned one so I'd like to know what others think, also.
Respected Contributor

If you are talking about the medium-sized stirrup hobo, I bought the bag and I love it. I carried it three days this week and so far, so good. I am hoping it does NOT soften up too much over time. Whether or not you prefer a stiff bag is a matter of personal taste. Some people look for the big slouchy bags, and feel they have gotten a bad bag when they purchase one that isn't slouchy. That isn't me.

Lisa was quite clear in explaining the differences in the leather during the presentation, including the fact that the black hornback is stiffer right out of the box. I believe, too, that how much a bag is softened over time depends upon how it is handled - whether it is tossed about, left to stand or lay around all rumpled up, and whether or not there is any leather conditioner or oil applied. I don't do any of those things to my bag. When I get to work with it, I sit it down, remove the workout clothes and lunch, and carefully reposition the seams on the sides so that it is sitting upright in a symmetric manner. I want the bag to stay as close as possible to the way it looked right out of the box.

Honored Contributor

A truly beautiful bag. I wanted it badly, but simply couldn't go that price for that bag, especially right now with Christmas shopping... I did have the chestnut larger version and yes, it was initially very stiff, but it did soften up some. Ultimately, I decided to return it, but not due to it being a less soft leather, which I actually liked.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

I received this bag the other day and already sent it back. It was a little to stiff for my taste. It was a pretty bag just too structured for me.