Contributor

Dooney PVC: How does it hold up?

Hi! I've never bought a Dooney bag before, but I really like the look of the Dooney PVC shopper. My concern is that it will get all scuffed up as it is essentially plastic. ny feedback would be appreciated!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney PVC: How does it hold up?

If you mean the coated fabric bags, in my experience they hold up pretty well. I find the nicer coated bags, like those from the 1975 line, hold up a bit better (and I think look better) than just the generic, minimally textured coated bags. Some of the latter, though nice, can tend to seem a bit rubbery.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I love mine and the 1975 line looks very rich and elegant. Mine are several years old and I don't have to worry about getting caught in the rain with them plus they are extremely lightweight. Just bought the new one they had on (the large tote in brown which is stunning).

Contributor

This one does not seem to be the coated cotton. It actually says PVC. It's the rose garden shopper tote. I did spy one of the 1975 bags at Maxx yesterday. After reading your comments, I may go back there. It was $129.00 and pretty large.

Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have A252384 which has the same percentage PVC (83%). After a year of use, I see no scuffs. It is slightly "floppy" so if you are looking for a shopper that is rigid and stands up perfectly straight, this may be an issue. It does not bother me as I use it when I fly and I stuff it full. I would buy it again.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Contributor

On 12/18/2014 rrpell said:

I have A252384 which has the same percentage PVC (83%). After a year of use, I see no scuffs. It is slightly "floppy" so if you are looking for a shopper that is rigid and stands up perfectly straight, this may be an issue. It does not bother me as I use it when I fly and I stuff it full. I would buy it again.

Thank you! That helps! I go to a fair amount of conventions for work. I want a stylish bag, but one that will hold up to travel and getting bumped around in the convention center and possible spills.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 WycheWay said:

This one does not seem to be the coated cotton. It actually says PVC. It's the rose garden shopper tote. I did spy one of the 1975 bags at Maxx yesterday. After reading your comments, I may go back there. It was $129.00 and pretty large.

Dooney & Bourke PVC Rose Garden Shopper

I see... Hmmmm... interesting. I didn't know they did PVC bags. Sorry, I have no experience with Dooney PVC, but would have to believe it would be well made and durable... Pretty in yellow...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...