Super Contributor

Dooney Not Shipping As Promised

Sunday I placed an order on the Dooney's website since they were offering the 12 days specials. Receiving the package is of the essence as it is a gift, so I paid for next day air via UPS. I know that the order wasn't processed until yesterday. The package has yet to arrive. I can't reach customer service at their offices. Has anyone else encountered an issue with shipping from Dooney?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Not Shipping As Promised

Regret having to advise you of this, but there have been several threads on these boards citing virtual mayhem on their Facebook page because they haven't been able to fulfill a number of 12 Days orders and the gist seems to be that they probably wont be able to..., at least not in time... Also cited have been problems getting answers and reaching CS... It might be worth thinking about a back-up gift, but hope it works out...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Well, she said the order was processed, so I'm guessing she will receive it. And if you place an order on Sunday, even with the next day delivery, I think they still need one business day for processing.
Honored Contributor

No, but I didn't order during a Christmas rush. I ordered in the spring and they rushed something to me in time for a wedding I was attending. They rush happened because they had a question about my credit card and emailed me on a Friday and I didn't see it until late in the day. I replied over the weekend, they fixed the issue Monday morning and upgraded me to next say shipping for free.

As for them not keeping their promise, next day shipping refers to the shipping speed, NOT the processing speed for most stores. If they ship it tomorrow and you get it on Thursday, they will have met the "next day shipping" request. Even if they ship it Monday and it arrives on Tuesday, that's still "next day shipping." I've gotten burned by that from several stores, including Amazon before they offered Prime, so now I'm very clear on "next day shipping" versus processing.