Frequent Contributor
Hello and merry Christmas! I watch the u tube videos on dooney and bourke bags, and most are saying they are not buying anymore bags for however long they choose. I have about 25 bags, but I also have a outlet 20 mins away. What do you think ? Are you thinking of a dooney diet? There are just so many designs out there, just different colors. I still love some bags I don't have yet. Also 2015 is dooneys anniversary year. What can be in store for us dooney lovers?
Respected Contributor

A Dooney diet? How do you decide whether you are Dooney-overweight, in an unhealthy way?

Buy another Dooney IF you love it, it will make you happy, AND you are not putting it on a credit card. In other words, you have the cash-on-hand to purchase yet another bag.

At the same time, I think two dozen handbags is more than any of us would do justice to, in terms of actually using. A beautiful bag deserves being used, shown, making appearances outside of their protective bags. [I actually have several bags displayed on invisible glass shelves, like art.]

My rule (I have Dooney, Coach, LV) is that for every NEW handbag in my collection, I pass one of my beloved bags on to a relative or friend (who doesn't have the cash to buy a high-end, well-made bag).

Honored Contributor

I buy bags for different uses, so I just can't justify owning that many bags, nor do I have room for them. I have two totes, three medium satchels, and two small bags. That's more than enough for me. I could use a good wallet, but aside from that, I'm full.

Super Contributor

Only you know how many D&B's you need and will really use. Have you thought of giving some to your family or selling them to make way for the a new D&B? Will you really use another bag?

Honored Contributor

I'm sure it'll pass, it usually does, but for me, well, the thrill is gone... There are no Dooneys sitting near the top of my 'must have' bag list... I guess you could say I prefer keeping company with others now... many others, in fact... Yes, I'm a two-timing, wanton hussy of a cheater. That's just how I roll!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I was at Belks last Thursday and there were many D bags on clearance. Several ladies and I were checking them out, commenting, then checking out another shelf of Dooneys...well, you get the picture. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} After about 10 minutes of looking, fondling & pondering, I walked away. The saleslady asked if I needed her help, and I told her "No thanks, I'm on a Dooney Diet". {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Even using their sales coupon (20%) and the clearance markdowns (25%) plus 40% off of that, I wasn't biting. I suppose I'm getting cynical and going into into Stevie's territory - the thrill is gone...

OTOH, if there had been a black Nylon bag (you know, the type that Sue Clifton describes as that 'wonderful substantial *Italian Nylon*' - IRL, is there such a thing?) {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} - I would have caved and purchased it for the $50 it was probably worth, to hold up through the awful weather we endure here for most of the seasons (rain, sleet, snow, ice, every Fall through the Springtime). I have a Flo that looks like cr@@ from watermarks (storm-marks) {#emotions_dlg.sad} and I've come to the conclusion that the "new Dooneys" are not a prudent investment and they certainly are not worth the prices charged at retail and on the Q. The only exception for me is that credit card/coin purse, especially when it was $29 at ILD. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} They are great functional accessories, at a reasonable price, and I can interchange them among by bags. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor
On 12/16/2014 maryebrown said:

I was at Belks last Thursday and there were many D bags on clearance. Several ladies and I were checking them out, commenting, then checking out another shelf of Dooneys...well, you get the picture. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} After about 10 minutes of looking, fondling & pondering, I walked away. The saleslady asked if I needed her help, and I told her "No thanks, I'm on a Dooney Diet". {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Even using their sales coupon (20%) and the clearance markdowns (25%) plus 40% off of that, I wasn't biting. I suppose I'm getting cynical and going into into Stevie's territory - the thrill is gone...

OTOH, if there had been a black Nylon bag (you know, the type that Sue Clifton describes as that 'wonderful substantial *Italian Nylon*' - IRL, is there such a thing?) {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} - I would have caved and purchased it for the $50 it was probably worth, to hold up through the awful weather we endure here for most of the seasons (rain, sleet, snow, ice, every Fall through the Springtime). I have a Flo that looks like cr@@ from watermarks (storm-marks) {#emotions_dlg.sad} and I've come to the conclusion that the "new Dooneys" are not a prudent investment and they certainly are not worth the prices charged at retail and on the Q. The only exception for me is that credit card/coin purse, especially when it was $29 at ILD. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} They are great functional accessories, at a reasonable price, and I can interchange them among by bags. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

MEB... in candor, the Dooney nylon IS really pretty nice... I got one a few years back and it's a definite cut above most nylon bags... I agree though, no need to pay full price, or anything near it!

Honored Contributor

Also , forgot to mention, after the start of the year, I might start scouting some of those vintage models we've been chatting about...

Smile

Super Contributor
On 12/16/2014 stevieb said:

I'm sure it'll pass, it usually does, but for me, well, the thrill is gone... There are no Dooneys sitting near the top of my 'must have' bag list... I guess you could say I prefer keeping company with others now... many others, in fact... Yes, I'm a two-timing, wanton hussy of a cheater. That's just how I roll!

Don't know why this didn't post What I said was "Girl, Peter Dooney and me are laughing ourselves to death. Precious, love IT!
Valued Contributor
On 12/16/2014 stevieb said:

Also , forgot to mention, after the start of the year, I might start scouting some of those vintage models we've been chatting about...

Smile

I thought the thrill was gone?? Smiley Wink That reminds me, have you received your grey Bristol bag yet? Smiley Happy