Esteemed Contributor

Coach Bags: Attention Shoppers

Hi there. Myhabit.com has Coach Bags on markdown. I just signed up with Amazon Prime, so I get the e-mail notification (early access). Pretty nice items in different styles and they give good descriptions and an idea of the size, which is helpful. I was on the phone waiting for Dooney the other day for 20 minutes just to find out whether a bag was leather or coated cotton, so all info is appreciated.

Coach Women's Kristin Leather Hobo, Rose

Coach Women's Peyton Leather Cora Domed Satchel, Merlot

Coach Women's Signature Stripe 12Cm Tote, Navy

Coach Women's Taylor Leather North/South Tote, Silver/Putty

Coach Women's Taylor Leather Alexis Carryall, Red

Respected Contributor

Re: Coach Bags: Attention Shoppers

Hi Cindy........... I own a ton of Coach bags and I do not remember seeing these bags in the Coach line. I may be wrong but I am thinking that the bags you have posted are from the Coach Outlet stores. Nothing wrong with them but they are made especially for the outlets stores. The bags are very nice from the outlets but you must remember that the prices are much lower at the outlet stores so be careful. If you have a Coach outlet store nearby you may want to check it out to see if they have them there and if the prices are lower there. Enjoy you Coach bag if you decide to buy one.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/12/2014 luvsbulldogs said:

Hi Cindy........... I own a ton of Coach bags and I do not remember seeing these bags in the Coach line. I may be wrong but I am thinking that the bags you have posted are from the Coach Outlet stores. Nothing wrong with them but they are made especially for the outlets stores. The bags are very nice from the outlets but you must remember that the prices are much lower at the outlet stores so be careful. If you have a Coach outlet store nearby you may want to check it out to see if they have them there and if the prices are lower there. Enjoy you Coach bag if you decide to buy one.

Thanks for the info..I bought Coach in the 1990's, but not recently. I know that Coach has been through a lot of ups and downs of late, so again, good info.

Oh boy, back in the late 1990's, at Macy's, Coach brought out a "retro" handbag (inspired by designer Bonnie Cashin) with the super thick leather and the wide strap with double stitching and the old leather tag. I had that bag for YEARS. Those were the days my friend.

Respected Contributor

On 12/12/2014 Hi Cindy said:
On 12/12/2014 luvsbulldogs said:

Thanks for the info..I bought Coach in the 1990's, but not recently. I know that Coach has been through a lot of ups and downs of late, so again, good info.

Oh boy, back in the late 1990's, at Macy's, Coach brought out a "retro" handbag (inspired by designer Bonnie Cashin) with the super thick leather and the wide strap with double stitching and the old leather tag. I had that bag for YEARS. Those were the days my friend.

Hi Cindy,

I sure do remember those days when Coach made the beautiful heavy leather bags. Matter of fact I own the bag that you posted but in black. It was my first Coach bag and was given to me by my husband as a Christmas bag. So I can blame my husband for getting me hooked on Coach bags.....lol. BTW it was purchased in Macy's as you said.

Coach hired a new designer and it looks like he is doing away with the signature cloth bags and getting back into the leather ones. He has not come out with a lot but what he has come out with so far I like. Let's hope that he comes out with bags that have the quality and style of the way Coach used to be.

Nice chatting with you Cindy. Have a great day.

Super Contributor

I live near two Coach outlets. The bags ar indicative of the ones they carry. The quality is not bad, but it's not Coach store quality. If you are going to buy them, I think they would be much cheaper at the outlet store. Also if they have the patent leather handles, I would avoid those bags, they do not hold up well. The edges will fray and the patent will look wrinkled after a short while. Not worth $200. I believe I bought a signature one for closer to $120 at the outlet.
Honored Contributor

My Coach tote from the early 1990's s one of my favorite bags - to look at! The leather is so thick and heavy and shows no wear, but that bag is just beyond what I want to carry except when I'm headed out to dinner or just to someone's home for a while.

If they do away with all the cloth bags, I'll be gone. In fact, maybe I'll take a look and see what's still around in cloth - and for me, it has to be new. I buy lots of thrift shop and ebay - just never bags. My own little peccadillo.

Respected Contributor

I adore Coach. My newest soul-mate bag is the Coach Edie, complete with stagecoach logo:

Hopefully, it's an example of the new designer's work. The leather is incredible.

Late to the party, apparently, I just visited my FIRST Coach outlet last week. I'm not an outlet shopper, thinking they have made-for-the-outlet items rather than first run. But, only 20 minute away in the East Bay Area, California, the Livermore Premium Outlets opened last year. I just went for a Dooney special on accessories and discovered the Coach store down the aisle.

This outlet has a special section for first-run Coach bags, separate from the made-for-outlet items. This week they were doing 30% off all items on Clearance AND 50% off anything in the store. I picked up an incredible large leather tote ($598 retail) on a $229 table, now 50% off. Heaven.

Honored Contributor

Coach.com just put up some sale FP bags. They are having their semi-annual sale next week but the first few selections are up if anyone is interested in some recent deletes. Word from an SA is there are more styles to be added next week.

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 1Professor said:

I adore Coach. My newest soul-mate bag is the Coach Edie, complete with stagecoach logo:

Hopefully, it's an example of the new designer's work. The leather is incredible.

Late to the party, apparently, I just visited my FIRST Coach outlet last week. I'm not an outlet shopper, thinking they have made-for-the-outlet items rather than first run. But, only 20 minute away in the East Bay Area, California, the Livermore Premium Outlets opened last year. I just went for a Dooney special on accessories and discovered the Coach store down the aisle.

This outlet has a special section for first-run Coach bags, separate from the made-for-outlet items. This week they were doing 30% off all items on Clearance AND 50% off anything in the store. I picked up an incredible large leather tote ($598 retail) on a $229 table, now 50% off. Heaven.

I love that embossed design. I'm too little for a bigger bag like this but I am so tempted to get it with their smaller Charley bag. I love the embossed leather and that purple.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not know that Coach did a crossover with the Peanuts characters. All sold out, doggone it. How cute was this: