New Contributor

Dooney Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Hi Everyone! I am new to the Dooney World. I recently fell in love with all things dooney. I was wondering if in years past there has been an online sale on here or ilovedooney on black friday or cyber monday?

I am eyeing the coated cotton satchen in Cabbage Rose ..either black or blue.. I keep watching as is, but haven't had any luck in those colors.

Thank you!

Sam

Valued Contributor

Re: Dooney Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Black Friday sale just started on ILD.

http://ilovedooney.com/collections/all/coated-cotton

Respected Contributor

Everytime I added a bag to my cart, the color I wanted didn't show up?? The choices were there but they defaulted twice to a color I didn't want???

Anyone else experience the same?

Respected Contributor

Sam: you could also call one of the Dooney outlets. Starting tomorrow night, all outlet handbags are half off, plus there are some $99 specials. Don't know if they have what you want or if it's shippable at those special prices, but it's worth a call. Have the Dooney product number and your credit card ready and don't call when you think they might be busy. I know that's a challenge on the holiday weekend, but I'd call first thing when they open Friday, before the masses hit, or very late Thurs night.

Not all outlets will ship and not all items are shippable, and not all color or special prices. But it's very little effort for maybe a great deal. Also ask about returns, as they vary depending upon how the item/sale is categorized. Clearance is never returnable. Other sales, maybe if shipped from the warehouse, maybe not if shipped from the store. Very confusing. Best to ask. Then ask them to check over the item if they have it, to be sure it's in good shape.

Happy hunting.

New Contributor

On 11/26/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Sam: you could also call one of the Dooney outlets. Starting tomorrow night, all outlet handbags are half off, plus there are some $99 specials. Don't know if they have what you want or if it's shippable at those special prices, but it's worth a call. Have the Dooney product number and your credit card ready and don't call when you think they might be busy. I know that's a challenge on the holiday weekend, but I'd call first thing when they open Friday, before the masses hit, or very late Thurs night.

Not all outlets will ship and not all items are shippable, and not all color or special prices. But it's very little effort for maybe a great deal. Also ask about returns, as they vary depending upon how the item/sale is categorized. Clearance is never returnable. Other sales, maybe if shipped from the warehouse, maybe not if shipped from the store. Very confusing. Best to ask. Then ask them to check over the item if they have it, to be sure it's in good shape.

Happy hunting.

Thank you so much!! I will try that for sure!! I can't bite the bullet and spend 218.00 on a bag that's coated cotton. On leather, that is another story. Smiley Wink

Thank you all again! I hope everyone gets their dream bag this holiday season!!!

Honored Contributor

On 11/26/2014 SammyGirl said:

Hi Everyone! I am new to the Dooney World. I recently fell in love with all things dooney. I was wondering if in years past there has been an online sale on here or ilovedooney on black friday or cyber monday?

I am eyeing the coated cotton satchen in Cabbage Rose ..either black or blue.. I keep watching as is, but haven't had any luck in those colors.

Thank you!

Sam

The blue one is available at Boscov's for $163.50 (item #295031) with FREE S&H. You might be able to also use a extra 20% off coupon code 'ShopNow20'...

It's also available at the D&B site both in black & blue for the same $163.50 with FREE S&H...(RQ668BU)

Good Luck Smile

Contributor

On 11/26/2014 nantucket shore said:

Everytime I added a bag to my cart, the color I wanted didn't show up?? The choices were there but they defaulted twice to a color I didn't want???

Anyone else experience the same?

I had the same problem. I wanted the patent wristlet in pink and it kept putting the black one in my cart. Oh well, saved me some money.

Respected Contributor

I just ordered the Tobi tote. 20-30% off sales on D&B website depending on how much you spend. I saved 20% and free shipping. I didn't get easy pay, but I saved close to $70 over QVC.
Honored Contributor

Dooney is offering Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. I got an email yesterday. As for ILD, I know lots of folks swear by them but I really don't like dealing with them and always find checkout there cumbersome. Moreover, they have minimal customer service and are difficult to reach by phone. Even when you're able to, they haven't proved terribly helpful. Although there are sometimes deals to be had, I just tend to avoid them as an alternative. Personally, I'd rather just seek sales and deals at department stores. I really wish Dooney had retained their own EP option, which they offered for a few years...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
New Contributor

On 11/26/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 11/26/2014 SammyGirl said:

Thank you!

Sam

The blue one is available at Boscov's for $163.50 (item #295031) with FREE S&H. You might be able to also use a extra 20% off coupon code 'ShopNow20'...

It's also available at the D&B site both in black & blue for the same $163.50 with FREE S&H...(RQ668BU)

Good Luck Smile

Thank you so much! I was able to use the code and got the bag for $130!!! No shipping and no tax! Thanks so much for letting me know.

I did call the San Marcos outlet here in texas (I am 4 hours from there ) and they said they are not shipping right now but they had the bag in blue and black for $109.. I wish I lived closer!

Thank you all again for helping me get my dooney! Smiley Happy I can't wait to carry her!