New Contributor

A couple of issues with Domed pebble leather satchel

I just received my Domed Pebble Leather Satchel today in Marine Blue from QVC. The bag is gorgeous, but I did notice that one of the leather pieces that holds the straps to the bag is longer by 1/16 inch than the other piece on the front of the bag. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but it is noticable…at least to me.

Also, I noticed that the registration number on the back of the Dooney tag is so light that I had to get a flashlight to shine on it in order to read the letter and numbers. All my other Dooneys have darker letter and numbers.

Has anyone else noticed the registration tag numbers being printed in much lighter ink?

Have any of you had flaws in the bags you have received? This is actually the second Dooney that I have bought from QVC. The first one had dye transferred from the bag onto the shoulder strap, but once the vachetta leather darkened, it wasn't noticeable. This strap situation isn't that easily rectified.

Am I making too big a think of it, or would you return the bag….which I really don't want to have to do. I already had to return one because they sent me the wrong color.

Trusted Contributor

Re: A couple of issues with Domed pebble leather satchel

1/16 inch isn't a big deal - but, if it is noticeable to you and bothers you, then you should return. Because it will continue to bug you forever and you will never be satisfied.

Respected Contributor

Half of my registration tags have very light printing. so this is not new or limited to this style. As for the other issue, if it bothers you, and it sounds like it does, return the handbag. Everytime you see it you will be annoyed by the defect.

BTW, which handbag did you get?

New Contributor

I got the A240161 Pebble Leather Domed Satchel with Accessories.

I have actually decided to keep the bag. It could be worse, I could send it back and end up with somebody else's return that is worse. I do have to wonder however if this might be something with QVC since this is the second bag I have ordered from them and both had defects….I don't know. I am kind of apprehensive of ordering more now.

It really is a beautiful bag. My daughter didn't notice the defect and I will just have to accept it as being "special" to my bag. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Thanks for the replies.

Honored Contributor

This bag is an exclusive to Q bag, so if you want it, this is the only game in town for now... This one was a former TSV that they've kept around and expanded the color options. It's a great little bag, and while that slight imperfection probably wouldn't bother me enough to return it either, you shouldn't be paying full price for it... I might call and see if you can get a small 'consideration', citing one was already returned because of problems and you'd prefer not to have to return a second... Either way, enjoy your bag!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
New Contributor

Thank you for telling me about calling QVC and asking for a consideration because of the flaw. I did get $35 refunded to me because the bag was not in perfect condition.

Valued Contributor

I sent an email to a host years ago because I received a bag from another line that was so obviously used that it had a tube of moisturizer, a comb and Chapstick in one of the pockets. The bag was cheap and on clearance anyway and I was planning on keeping it since with shipping it was still only $30. The host got a $20 credit added to my account. You never know unless you ask.
Honored Contributor

On 11/28/2014 Jodymt said:

Thank you for telling me about calling QVC and asking for a consideration because of the flaw. I did get $35 refunded to me because the bag was not in perfect condition.

Glad that worked out for you! I've always found QVC to be pretty fair with regard to standing behind items they sell.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...