Super Contributor

Question about the Lexington, A236088, Shopper

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Hello Ladies, I never post here but enjoy reading all of your comments about different style D&B's.

I have only had one D&B which I was so disappointed in. My husband purchased it for me for Christmas a few years back after I told him I wanted it. It was the Croco Leather Hobo with Logo Lock. They don't even sell it in the Croco Leather anymore. In all fairness at first I didn't like it because of the Croco Leather. I thought I would, but for some reason it just didn't suit my taste. I decided to keep it thinking that I would like it after a while. I didn't hate it, just wasn't thrilled with it. I know, I know I should have just sent it back, but I had told my husband how much I loved it so felt bad returning it. Well after a few months, the Logo Lock broke so then I was really upset to have had him pay for something that would now sit in my closet.

I have looked at many D&B's over the years, but never could find one with pockets on the outside. When I just happened to see the Lexington Shopper I was so happy to see the pockets. These pockets are tastefully done and it doesn't look like a heavy duty cargo bag. I just really like having the outside pockets for my phone, tissues, etc. I was also surprised to see the reduced price. Well here it is approaching Christmas and once again I am thinking of ordering this. My question is does anyone have this in the dark gray color or the camel color? In the video they don't show the dark gray, but it is available for ordering. These two colors are both colors I don't have in a handbag. I have two Coach Bags in a saddle tan sort of color and a deep brown but not the caramel or gray. I have always been interested in a gray handbag. Was wondering about these two colors. Sometimes on tv they look different than in real life. I did see a dark gray Dooney in a different style so not sure if that dark gray is consistent in color with all of the different style.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me. Like I said, I love reading your posts here and you all seem so nice.

Sincerely

Vicki

Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about the Lexington, A236088, Shopper

I have three of the small Lexington shopper (black, brown and cranberry) because I think it is the perfect bag. Most Dooneys are too heavy for me with my back issues. Love the pockets and they are big enough to be useful. The inside is very well organized as well and the handles really stay on the shoulder well or you can carry it on your arm. I found great prices last year during the holidays so I chose a color for most every occasion. Hope this was helpful since I am talking about the smaller one. The Dooney website may be a better place to see colors. You can't go wrong with gray but I am not a fan of camel. The brown color available last year looks very neutral and goes with everything!
Honored Contributor

Here's a presentation of the small Lexington that shows the dark grey, which looks more like a medium gray to me.

I can't comment on the color, since I don't have it and haven't seen it in person. If you're not sure about the color, I recommend checking out local department stores, like Dillard's or Macy's, to see if they have any Dooney bags in stock in the dark grey color. They both carry that bag in that color online and are likely to have them in the brick and mortar stores, too.

I have the Lexington in Agean Blue and I really like it.

Honored Contributor

Too bad about the lock on your other bag. In reading reviews, it does seem to be a consistent issue with the larger logo locks, both the one that remains very popular and the now defunct croco version. Hope you find one of the two colors to your liking.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Thank you all so much for answering me. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here and see the replies. Had surgery recently so was dealing with those issues, but everything is fine.

Capri I did look at the smaller Lexington and was thinking about that also. Chynna thank you for the presentation link. I think your advice about going into a store is a good idea also. Stevieb, yes I did see where others have had the same issue with the lock. Such a shame.

You all are so nice to have answered me so quickly.

Have a great evening

Vicki