Valued Contributor

Claremont Collection at Dooney.com

There are 6 different bags. Some look really nice....but still not sure about the leather quality....

Respected Contributor

Re: Claremont Collection at Dooney.com

I received the Dooney TSV in Grey and it is gorgeous. Although the leather is treated like a Safiano, it is much softer and pliable than the safiano as I have a Calvin Klein Safiano tote. It is lovely but stiff, and the Dooney TSV Claremont is soft! Just love it!

Honored Contributor

I believe that the leather on this collection has been sliced very thin, hence a softer version of an embossed leather. I heard someone complain that it didn't smell of leather but of some kind of chemical. This seems to happen with "processed" leather, or leather that has a lot of treatment to it. I'll be interested to hear how this style holds up. I love Dooney, love leather bags but have been disappointed in some of the newer leather processing. JMHO....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I saw that too and was gratified to see there isn't a bag shown, other than the satchel, I like any better than the TSV. I also didn't note the pricing to be any better, and Dooney, as of now, anyway, doesn't even appear to be offering the TSV colors... Most notably absent was the very pretty taupe and the trending grey... I suspect this line will expand, but for now, anyone who wants a Claremont bag probably isn't going to do much better than the one offered here...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I personally like the tote silhouette more than the shopper, mainly because the strap on the TSV is way too thin. But the colorful lining on these ones at dooney.com is terrible. I don't understand why they couldn't do it the same as on the TSV. In any case, I'm not buying any of these but I do like the turn-lock closure.
Honored Contributor

None of the silhouettes really set me aflame, to be honest, but I'm not much into long strapped totes at this point and the straps are thin. I have my share of totes and don't want any more. Being a satchel fan, I would, of course, prefer the handles on the shopper to the straps on the tote... I did like the TSV more than I thought I would, even though I'm not a fan of the center zip in this case. A couple of the colors ended up being more to my liking than I thought they would prior to seeing them. Think the QVC lining was better looking too. No idea why they did that dreadful lining on the 'for' Dooney bags. Personally, the more simpler and less colorful the lining the better I like it. I really don't go for linings that are loud or in a color I can't abide. This is one of the things that keeps me from being more of an oryany fan than I am, that has kept me from trying out the Logo Lock and that had me backing out of buying a bag I otherwise loved on ebags just yesterday... It had a really awful orchid lining.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...