Trusted Contributor

G.I.L.I. Large Roma Tote - Order starting at noon EST 11/17/14

From Lisa's FB:

Tomorrow's the big day for those of you who have been waiting on the Large Roma Tote! It will be available at noon ET in Black, Natural Ostrich and the new Grey Ostrich. We'll post as soon as it's ready so stay tuned! See you tomorrow at noon.
/></span></div> </div> </div> <p> </p>
Trusted Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Large Roma Tote - Order starting at noon EST 11/17/14

Wow that looks Huge!
Super Contributor

I was in a QVC outlet over the weekend and they were selling the Roma II for $49.14. There were dozens of them in stock. I find it strange that the GILI brand keeps releasing new versions of this bag when obviously the previous one has large overstock that did not sell.

Super Contributor

I know you girls love large bags, but this covers one third of her body.
Trusted Contributor

I own this in the Natural Ostrich. The first version of this tote. It was unclear to me if Lisa was bringing the original one back or if this is an undated version. The one I have is huge but I don't use it as an everyday bag. It's a travel bag for me.

Honored Contributor

It'e enormous and is definitely more luggage than a purse. I almost never use mine but it is pretty. Makes a great weekender or would be useful if you frequently tote truly a ton of stuff.

Interesting that the Roma II's are being sold so inexpensively in the outlets and yet the only ones they've put on 'clearance' here were those from the last round... Even if they didn't offer the outlet price, you'd think they'd want to both clear out stock and offer customers the occasional break by marking them down a few bucks. That outlet price is, well, amazing... After paying what I paid for some of them, it's almost offensive!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I think that the natural ostrich can look superlative. I bought a natural ostrich Roma 2 from a fabulous eBay seller and it is probably the only Roma 2 that is going to survive an upcoming culling of the herd. (The herd is small, but has grown recently, so it is time to get rid of a few things.)

But the Milano gray ostrich I recently returned looked like it had been painted by someone under the influence of a reality-enhancing substance. I'm not taking any more chances on anything ostrich unless I can see it in person before I buy.

Honored Contributor

That is HUGE and since the leather is so cheap, it won't drape well at all.

Yuck!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/17/2014 terrier3 said:

That is HUGE and since the leather is so cheap, it won't drape well at all.

Yuck!

And you know the leather is cheap how? How many have you purchased? I would consider it if it were smaller.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

On 11/17/2014 stevieb said:

Interesting that the Roma II's are being sold so inexpensively in the outlets and yet the only ones they've put on 'clearance' here were those from the last round... Even if they didn't offer the outlet price, you'd think they'd want to both clear out stock and offer customers the occasional break by marking them down a few bucks. That outlet price is, well, amazing... After paying what I paid for some of them, it's almost offensive!

I agree with everything you said! Nothing more to add.......