Respected Contributor

Sharif Bags - Can Someone Weigh In?

I really like this tooled bag by Sharif, but I don't have any experience with the brand. I saw it presented during one of the overnight shows earlier this week, and it looked really nice. The item number is 368-535. Can some who has purchased Sharif weigh in about quality and longevity? Most of his bags are too busy and clankorous for me, but I really like this little caramel baby. Thanks!

Sharif Western Tooled Rose Leather Lock Satchel

Super Contributor

Re: Sharif Bags - Can Someone Weigh In?

I have a red calf leather bag from his collection that's at least six years old. I like to switch out my bags and primarily carry this one in the summer months but it has worn incredibly well and still looks new. It's always been one of my favorite go-to bags.
Respected Contributor

On 11/14/2014 benzgirl said: I have a red calf leather bag from his collection that's at least six years old. I like to switch out my bags and primarily carry this one in the summer months but it has worn incredibly well and still looks new. It's always been one of my favorite go-to bags.

Thanks! I think I'm going to give it a try. I took a stroll through Dillard's today. They had a really nice selection and some bags on sale, but the only things that really caught my eye were, of course, NOT on sale. This bag looks like it is the perfect size to hold the things I carry to work every day.

Super Contributor

You're welcome. That's a very pretty bag, Favorite Son. I'm going to stroll on over to their website and take a look at the interior.
Esteemed Contributor

That is really a cute bag. I purchased one of his bags last year or the year before when it was offered as a TS. The only problem that I have is that the bag will not stay closed. It has a magnetic closure, and if it gets too heavy the magnet does not work.

It's annoying, but I just deal with it whenever I decide to use it. I did not notice of course until after the 30 days had already passed.

Contributor

I have several Sharif bags. They're unique and well made. If you like the tooled-leather look, it's a beautiful bag.

Super Contributor

On 11/14/2014 dazzlingdiane said:

I have several Sharif bags. They're unique and well made. If you like the tooled-leather look, it's a beautiful bag.

I agree! We need to know if you are purchasing this natural or the black or gray? They're all beautiful.
Respected Contributor

On 11/14/2014 benzgirl said:

I agree! We need to know if you are purchasing this natural or the black or gray? They're all beautiful.

Natural and gray. If I see something I like in handbags or shoes, I usually buy one brown and one in black or gray. I don't venture away from either of those, but when I like something I want it in both colors.

Super Contributor

Shariff was carried in Saks Fifth Avenue wherein he presented a cotour line, which was outstanding. His overall designs are whimsical and artistic, the HSN quality is fine; I would say along the lines of Dooney. I purchSed one from HSN several years ago, loved it, but eventually gave it away.
Super Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 11/14/2014 benzgirl said:

Natural and gray. If I see something I like in handbags or shoes, I usually buy one brown and one in black or gray. I don't venture away from either of those, but when I like something I want it in both colors.

I went over to take a look and those were my favorite colors too. I hope you love them!