Valued Contributor

GILI Milano vs. OrYany TRACEY A256191

Hello Ladies! Well, I have my black Milano and I'm trying to decide. I love the leather but just don't know if it might be a tad larger than I want. Personally, I like the contrast with the ostrich handles.

For those of you who might be on the fence about the Milano, have you ever considered or do you own the OrYany TRACEY A 256191? The mushroom color sort of reminds me of the "grey" Milano. I think the OrYany is such a sharp looking bag and it sells out a lot..........especially in the mushroom and black. If you keep your eyes on the lookout, it periodically shows up in the "As Is" section.

If you perhaps have the TRACEY and especially if you have TRACEY and the Milano...........would you please share your thoughts. I have the TRACEY in Almond, from the As Is section and it looks perfect in every way.

Would love to know your thoughts. TIA {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Valued Contributor

Re: GILI Milano vs. OrYany TRACEY A256191

I like the look of the Tracy bag but it's WAY too narrow for my needs.

Valued Contributor

Hi tough kitty............while this isn't the bag for a laptop, it is larger than it appears. It has a wide opening. Check out the video on it.

Valued Contributor

I was referring to the depth of the bag.

Valued Contributor

Can anyone else help out with an opinion. The leather on the OrYany Tracey is sumptious! I hope there is someone out there who owns her AND possibly also the new Milano.

Super Contributor

I like both. Tough choice. I like a very big bag! I think the GILI is larger.
Super Contributor

I've been looking at the Tracey and just got the Milano in the chestnut croco. Since you already have the Tracey, I'm assuming you are wanting a description of the Milano. In my opinion, they aren't very much alike. The Tracey is definitely more north-south unless you pull the wings out. It's actually wider and longer than the Milano. I think the depth measurement is deceptive on both because they both have a center seam with pleats so the depth is dependent on how your things settle on the bottom. It has double handles, the Milano is a true hobo with a single handle. The Tracey has outside pockets, the Milano doesn't. The handles on the Tracey are an integral part of the body, not so on the Milano, which also has a crossbody strap. The only thing in common would be the softness of the leather as far as the black Milano is concerned.

I'm not sure if that's what you were wanting, but that's my comparison of the two.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Megan Rose. The Milano is indeed larger. And Okiebug, thanks so much for your time with your detailed description. My Original post states that I do have the black Milano. I usually don't have such a difficult time making up my mind and was hoping that someone else has both and can offer an opinion. I have the Tracey from the "as is" online section in the almond and she is beautiful. Somehow she seems a tad more classy than the Milano, so I guess it is all in what you are looking for in a handbag. While one is black and the other almond, I'm trying to decide which I prefer.

Anyone else want to chime in?{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Valued Contributor

I think it should be your decision, since it's your $$$ and we don't know what your preferences are.

I gave my input, saying that Tracy appears to be too narrow, but apparently my opinion wasn't good enough since you seemed to simply ignore it.........

Super Contributor

kitty, I don't think anyone's opinion will be good enough - she wants someone to make her decision apparently. Sorry, QPrincess, it's totally up to you.