Contributor

Please tell me I'm not the only one who misses REAL SHOULDER BAGS......It use to be that when I went shopping for shoulder bags....they were really comfortable . The straps were long enough so that the bag itself rested at my waist. The new type of shoulder bags have straps that are way to short and I end up with a big lump of purse in my armpits. I don't like cross body bags...my boobs are large and the strap going across my body feels awkward and annoying..... I know the straps on the cross body bags are adjustable, but they're just not right for a real shoulder bag length. I don't know why the handbag manufacturers decided to make the straps on shoulder bags so short in the last few years. A survey of my friends show they all feel the same way as I do........I'm interested to know how other women feel.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE REAL SHOULDER BAGS!!!!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Regular Contributor

I know what your talking about. I find the new shoulder bags to be too short also. I do use the cross body as a shoulder bag and that seems to work well. Have you tried this yet? I can't wear the cross body bag as a cross body bag, because it looks awkward on me...

Contributor
I agree with you. I love a good shoulder bag, but I have to be able to have it fit comfortably on my shoulder (about a 12" drop). I have trouble finding these. I also like a couple of pockets on the outside and a zipper on top. Am I being too fussy?
Valued Contributor
On 10/28/2014 Make-up LVR said:

I know what your talking about. I find the new shoulder bags to be too short also. I do use the cross body as a shoulder bag and that seems to work well. Have you tried this yet? I can't wear the cross body bag as a cross body bag, because it looks awkward on me...

I think she did say the crossbody didn't work for her.

I like shoulder bags too. I didn't look for specific shoulder bags, but most of the hobo bags work for me, although I am also not happy with the short handle drop.

I used to carry a G.Bernini black bag with a nice handle drop, so it seemed to be a perfect shoulder bag for me....until I discovered QVC and the more expensive and better quality bags...so the whole functionality aspect gone out the window for me {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

I remember the plain but classic Coach bags that had the thick shoulder straps you could adjust with a buckle and the logo was on a little metal beaded key fob and was a leather tag. Those were the days.

Trusted Contributor

Cross body's hurt my neck and back for some reason. I can carry fairly heavy bags, too. But they have to be on my shoulder. I know what you mean. I don't like armpit bags.

Honored Contributor
On 10/28/2014 Hi Cindy said:

I remember the plain but classic Coach bags that had the thick shoulder straps you could adjust with a buckle and the logo was on a little metal beaded key fob and was a leather tag. Those were the days.

I still have mine that look like this. I carried one a year or two ago, and DD said, "Mom, that's so OLD!" It is - but I won't get rid of it! Smile

Super Contributor

I, personally, have not experienced this. My shoulder bags are truly "shoulder bags" and hang almost to my hip. However, this is likely due to my height (5'2") and petite proportions.