Honored Contributor

I've loved Tig bags since I discovered them back in the 90's however, I'm not in love with them mixing PVC on their leather bags. I know it's to keep their prices down, but when you find one of these bags at a Thrift or Yard Sale and the leather is in great shape but the straps or interior trim is shredded it just breaks my heart....

I've purchased one bag that had the mixture and even though the handles were leather, the inside trim was not! Within a year's time the vinyl trim on the upper interior of the bag was cracking and spliting~! Very angering when the cost of the bag was roughly $129.00

They're still beautiful bags, just always check the description of the item and read what is leather and what isn't.... just so you know. Smile

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

I love the original old leathers. Don't want PCP in any purses.

Honored Contributor

I bought the vintage glazed leather cargo hobo a few weeks ago in Emerald, fully knowing that the strap and trim are man-made. I love everything about the bag and have received compliments.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

You're right, they're gorgeous and I've been tempted to buy many of them... especially the glazed leathers, but just won't unless they go back to all leather bags....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

The explanation that man-made straps lengthen the life of the handbag is hogwash. Nothing like leather.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

There are simply too many all leather bags equally as appealing, if not more so, and available at the same price point for me to often consider Tignanello any more. They still make the occasional attractive bag, but I'd only reluctantly pay QVC's prices for them, especially those that are mixed materials. Their older all leather bags didn't always strike me as stylish, but they were sturdy. The glazed leather is very pretty and I own both a satchel and a hobo, but will use them sparingly to try to extend their usable life... Yes, the excuse that man-made material straps extends the life of the bag is pure fantasy...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

personally, I would not mind the PVC if they were reflecting that in the price - but the prices continue to go up while the quality goes down. Thus - they are no longer a good value for the money.

Regular Contributor

What makes me crazy is that often I have seen bags I liked but then found them to be 1/2 fake leather! I hate that. I am willing to pay a higher price for an all leather bag and I'm sure others feel the same way. I used to buy their bags even some that have the fake handle and trim inside. But later I found the handle so stiff and I just decided to not buy them any longer. The fake bottom of the bag I think looks awful and cheapens the bag.

I they insist on making bags not all leather, why not come out with a line that is all leather along with the ones that are not. Good solution I think.

They do have one bag I know of that I actually bought in five colors and this bag is All Leather! It is a hobo style and has cargo pockets in front and a braided design up the front. This bag is very soft and smells great. Comes in lots of colors. Their best selling bag! Hint, Hint {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Regular Contributor

A also agree with the using something other than leather will make it last is insane! What item that needs to be durable is not made out of leather? A horses saddle takes a lot of abuse and is leather.

Super Contributor

I'm with you OP. I, too, became a huge fan of TIG back in the 90's. I fell madly in love with the glove leather, and to this day it is my all-time favorite because it it so incredibly soft !!!

My most favorite handbag of all is a full glove leather vachetta bag, which is a true deep pumpkin color, has two full-zipped pockets on the front that are rounded off squares, and the bag is so soft and roomy I can hardly bear to transfer to my other favorite bags.

But the newer ones with the PVC absolutely break my heart. They are beautiful, but why begin the line with such all natural products, only to progress to this level ? Obviously the reason is cost, the almighty dollar. The prices don't reflect the savings, and it really mars the designer label.

I can't understand why this line and others stoop to this level expecting us to continue to pay these prices when the quality drops to this level. Yet people continue to buy. Don't they know how quickly these bags will tear up ?

They started out so nicely and then lowered the boom. I absolutely adore my bag I have now, and when I watch the shows that come on it makes me so sad because I can't find a decent looking bag now that doesn't contain this terrible product.

I am so sad now. {#emotions_dlg.crying}