Contributor

Receiving others returned merchandise

I love Dooneys please don't get me wrong but I ordered 5 logo lock bags, some gifts and one for me. Hehe but I was hugely disappointed when only one out of all was wrapped and packaged nicely. One was missing extras and the rest were sent in dust bags. I wouldn't be picky if they were for me but what's going on? I never recieved returns from QVC unless I bought a " as is" item. Not full price. Has this been happening to anyone else??
Valued Contributor

Re: Receiving others returned merchandise

Yes it has happened to me the last two times I ordered a Dooney. One I sent back and the other I kept because it appeared to be in new condition even though it was packed in the dustbag.

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 BOYINTX said:

Girls ??? this is frightning

No, it's not. You are in Dallas and living in fear of Ebola, but this situation is not frightening to a person thinking rationally.

Respected Contributor

I recently ordered my first D and B purse and when it arrived there was a pair of Clark's shoes in the box! The order slip read correctly - D and B purse, but it was SHOES! I was bummed out and sent it back with a request for a refund.

Honored Contributor

I can just imagine the laughter if I were to ask my UPS man to package up a shipment. But on the positive side, a very nice gal from Fed Ex volunteered to help me pack my Dell computer for service. BOYINTX, I suggest you quit posting such nonsense. That's the kind of stuff that will get poofed.

Regular Contributor

On 10/16/2014 SnoopB said: I love Dooneys please don't get me wrong but I ordered 5 logo lock bags, some gifts and one for me. Hehe but I was hugely disappointed when only one out of all was wrapped and packaged nicely. One was missing extras and the rest were sent in dust bags. I wouldn't be picky if they were for me but what's going on? I never recieved returns from QVC unless I bought a " as is" item. Not full price. Has this been happening to anyone else??

SnoopB, don't even get me started on receiving returned bags. I the last 2 years I have received more returns than new, all on "new" and NOT "as is" purchases. My last exploit was the GILI Chelsea Hobo in Winter White. I went through THREE bags trying to get a decent one. Customer service even sent a note to the warehouse to please pull a "new" bag for my exchange. Nope. All three were returns, two had no tassels and no dust bags, two had obvious black scuffs/marks, and one had a sticky handle. I have tried to leave a review mentioning this and warning buyers, but QVC won't post it.

I've returned 2 Dooney's recently as well. Both had stains/spots, weren't wrapped, and were obviously used. I've talked to QVC CS more than once. They don't care, and even if they did, they have no control over what the warehouse sends out. This is clearly a company policy, because if you read reviews of bags on QVC.com, all brands, you will see it happens a lot.

I've now learned to buy what I want on it's first presentation, or just expect a used bag. I've also learned that ALL of these bags show up on Ebay eventually, at a much lower price. I don't mind buying a customer return IF it is priced the way a used item should be.

Please, especially at the cost of Dooney bags, exchange or return the bags you purchased that aren't new. You bought and deserve to receive NEW bags. Period.

Honored Contributor

It has happened to me several times with the worst being when I ordered several pairs of Ryka Fisherman Sandals for my Mom and it was quite obvious that they were all returns.

I also agree that you need to buy QVC items on first presentation so you do not get a return. It can be a very gross experience.

Valued Contributor

Yep, looks like it's a general practice. If it's an immediate return, as a jacket I got and I can see that the extra buttons are still attached to the hanger, then I'll keep it. But the GILI Roma I got had someone's hair inside it and cracked handles!!!! And I bought it on clearance as supposedly a NEW merchandise! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Girls ??? this is frightning

No, it's not. You are in Dallas and living in fear of Ebola, but this situation is not frightening to a person thinking rationally.

This is pure silliness, but if you think there is a risk in getting a handbag that has been returned, imagine the risk when you go to the store and purchase one that dozens have handled. This is illogical hysteria. So are you giving up shopping?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

OH NO ...DO NOT HANDLE IT..Have your ups man wear gloves and repack it

I gotta know, what are you smoking????