Honored Contributor

Handbag friends: I have the Tessuta Woven Shopper in Marine with the T'Moro Brown trim and it is BEAUTIFUL! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I was at the Dooney & Bourke outlet store in Aurora, IL for the Columbus Day weekend sale (extra 20% off Florentine and/or $25 off if you spent $150) and was considering a Buckley in Chestnut when I saw the Tessuta Woven Shopper behind the counter where they put new and special items. {#emotions_dlg.tt1} I talked to one of the salespeople and she could see I was spazzing out so she went in the back room and I had six colors to examine: Marine, Wine, Coffee, a bright yellowish color, Coffee/Marine, Ivy/Wine (the combo colors are woven together and are striking). I liked the Coffee and Wine, but I loved the Marine more, so that one came home with me at 30% off plus the $25 extra because it was more than $150 (hello!). I'm thinking that sometime the Tessuta Woven Shopper will make its way to QVC, and I would definitely get the Coffee and Wine on EZ pay if it is offered. I am not great with posting pictures, but you can see the Tessuta Woven Shopper on the Dooney website, colors and all. Enjoy, EEL http://handbags.dooney.com/search#w=tessuta&asug=

Trusted Contributor
Saw it,loved it,will eventually own it! Lucky girl you are. Beautiful!
Honored Contributor

It is a lovely bag! I would have put it on my wishlist if it had that flap-type zip top instead of just a snap closure...love the coffee and marine! Enjoy your new bag!!!

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Congrats on your new bag, EEL...

Coffee and wine and the combo thereof sounds pretty interesting! Enjoy your latest acquisition and glad you were able to pick this one out of the crowd and know exactly what you were getting!

I take it you're baking tomorrow... Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I haven't been tempted by a Dooney bag in a very long time, but I really like this. I would have a very hard time choosing between the coffee, coffee/wine, and caramel versions. It is too bad they do not offer that bag in a coffee/black combo. That would be perfect.

Frequent Contributor

Dooney outlets will ship your order for $7 and apply all in store discounts - great deal!

Respected Contributor

EEL: enjoy your new treasure. I love the new woven design of the Tessuta. And you can't go wrong with marine.

NYViewer: not all outlet handbags are shippable from the outlets, and not all in store discounts apply to any orders that can be shipped. It's all very merchandise dependent. You just have to call and ask about a specific handbag style/color you want. sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not so much.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, handbag friends! Smile 2zbeach: I love your name (and yes I am lucky)!

Susan Louise: I know what you mean about missing the full zipper closure! That is usually a must for me; however, this woven shopper does have an inside zippered middle section where you can put your wallet and any other precious items. I think it's a similar design to the Chelsea. Because of the shorter shoulder strap, you carry it higher and close to your body, so I do feel it is a secure handbag. I've always been wanting a woven leather bag and this one is gorgeous.

LJ: I know you like the blues! Wink The dark Marine blue with the dark T'Moro brown trim is just so VERY...

Favorite Son: From what you wrote that you like, I would go with the Coffee because there are highs and lows in the Coffee-colored leather which are brought out even more in the woven pattern. I am definitely getting the Coffee next; it would go with everything!

Stevieb: I was glad for godfreak's post where I learned about this Tessuta. And yes, I'm thinking it's time for a spice or carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for Mr. Lily...

Honored Contributor

Oh, now that sounds yummy!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

EEL: you have a system. Does Mr. Lily get suspicious at all the baked goodies?