Occasional Contributor

1. Can you return it if it's defective?

2. Anyone have a bad experience with it?

Debating on whether I should buy it...

Regular Contributor

Re: Thoughts on AS IS handbags?

I have bought several "as is" Dooney & Bourke bags from QVC, and I am very happy with all of them. They were all perfect! Just be aware there may be a scratch or something on them, but I haven't had that with any of mine. You still have the 30 day return policy, so it's worth a try.

Trusted Contributor

You can definitely return them, same return policy holds as with regular merchandise.

My experience has been mixed.

The first AS IS bag I ordered was perfect, but the bag wasn't good for me for other reasons than condition. So, I returned it.

Then I ordered two more "as is" bags. Both had glaring defects, a chip in the leather that was very noticeable, and some peeling on the trim of the other one. They were expensive bags even at "as is" prices, so needless to say, they went back.

I read tons of positive posts by people who did very well ordering "as is" bags, so it's just a gamble.

Trusted Contributor

It totally depends on why the bag is marked "as is" -- and that's going to be a very individual thing, different with each item. So you have to decide if you want to gamble on getting one you'll be happy with. Yes, you can return them, but that isn't free. Personally, I wouldn't go for an "as is" product sight unseen, considering the expense of shipping.

Honored Contributor

Most of my as-is purchases have been just fine. I have received a few clearly damaged/used/incomplete stinkers and I returned them all. Personally, I usually think it's worth giving it a shot.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Another vote for going for it.
Frequent Contributor

I have had mixed experiences with as is bags. The first time, I received a completely different bag than what I had ordered, but customer service sent me out the correct one right away and it was perfect (B Mak tote). The 2nd time I ordered the GILI Roma and it arrived without the tassel, which in my opinion is what makes that bag special - so I sent it back. I was not charged return shipping because of the missing tassel.

Super Contributor

Go for it! I've bought a few 'as is' bags and they were in perfect shape!

Trusted Contributor

I purchased my spring/summer orYANY bag "as is". It's the Cassie in that beautiful pale mint green. It's perfect. I got a dust bag and there is absolutely nothing wrong. I'm very happy. I think you can be stung either way, with a new bag or an "as is" and if there is something really wrong with an "as is", you can still return it and get your shipping paid too.

Esteemed Contributor

I haunt the AS IS section. I simply see something and wait it out. I have not been disappointed and my bank balance thanks me.