Honored Contributor

I bought my first Weekender!

Ink Blue. It's so pretty. I paid full price, but I have a trip coming up and I wanted it for that. I used my first Vera travel bag - the large duffel - last month and loved it. I toted it from airport to airport and it was stuffed! After I got home, I threw it in the washer and it came out beautifully. I wanted something a tad smaller this time, so I went with the weekender.

Thank you to everyone here who helped me! Do you have it and love it too? Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I bought my first Weekender!

Love ink blue. And love my travel bags. I don't buy anything else. All my Vera bags are for travel because I am carrying the merchandise inside and do not have to worry the bag adds to the weight.

I usually look for sales online or even in the outlet store which is a 65 mile round trip for me.

Respected Contributor

I love that ink blue color. I have two weekenders. The first I bought with my first Vera purchases in Sittin' in a Tree. Then I recently bought one online in Mocha Rouge to match my small spinner suitcase. Vera bags are so great for travel. While over the years I have bought one or two items at regular price, I try to only buy using the online sales or at the outlets. Steinmart also sometimes has some Vera items for sale at good prices although these are usually older patterns. When buying online, I would recommend going through E-Bates first. They will send you an actual check a few times a year. Also, check out RetailMeNot for codes.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/28/2014 Roni18 said:

I love that ink blue color. I have two weekenders. The first I bought with my first Vera purchases in Sittin' in a Tree. Then I recently bought one online in Mocha Rouge to match my small spinner suitcase. Vera bags are so great for travel. While over the years I have bought one or two items at regular price, I try to only buy using the online sales or at the outlets. Steinmart also sometimes has some Vera items for sale at good prices although these are usually older patterns. When buying online, I would recommend going through E-Bates first. They will send you an actual check a few times a year. Also, check out RetailMeNot for codes.

I too use ebates and retailmenot. I don't like rebates dot com as they seem to mess up with the rebates more often than not.

Super Contributor

congrats

Super Contributor

I have one weekender as well too.. great bag! Enjoy!

Frequent Contributor

I have a question for you Vera travel bag fans!

I bought a Weekender recently and LOVE it (my first Vera travel bag), but I took it on an airplane trip last month and found myself at a loss when I used the airport bathroom! My previous carry-on bags have been wheeled bags and I hadn't even thought about bathroom-floor germs with those. {#emotions_dlg.crying} When I was able to hang it on the hook in the stall, I did, but not all the hooks were the heavy-duty type. A couple of times I used a toilet seat tissue cover to lay on the floor so I could put the Weekender down on the floor! Neurotic? Perhaps! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The washability factor is one of the things I love about Vera bags, but I still didn't want to put my bag on the airport bathroom floor, especially when I knew I'd be putting it on the beds/furniture at our friends and relatives homes, etc. I suppose it's dumb, but I didn't think so much of it being on the carpeted or tile floor elsewhere in the airport...but the bathroom stall? Where who-knows-what kind of puddle you might unknowingly place your absorbent quilted fabric bag on?? No, I don't use a men's room (LOL), but still was skeeved by the idea!

So, my question is: How do you deal with this situation when you're flying alone, using an airport restroom and must take your bag in with you?

Thanks in advance!

Esteemed Contributor

beach-mom

I have 3 weekenders. Like you , bought them for travel. It's a great carry-on and you can put lay your handbag on it so that it doesn't lay on the plane floor. It squishes under the seat in front of you so you have everything at hand. The other great thing is that if you you can use your bag on the dressers and they are so neat, pretty and easy to live out of when traveling.

Esteemed Contributor

august

sometimes you might have to crossbody