Super Contributor
Just popping in to be sure you've all seen the sale on eBay! Seller verabradley
Super Contributor

Re: vera Bradley sale on eBay

Thanks for the heads-up, Lori!

Esteemed Contributor

It's what I call a Flash Sale! Hurry hurry lol

I was there this morning but didn't buy anything. No more!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

I got the Elit Hobo in Fanfare before it sold out. Never had this style before but liking the size, the top zipper, and the feet on the bottom!

Super Contributor

I sure appreciate the heads up about these sales!!! I bought the Caroline bag in the Canyon print for fall, a tea towel, apron, & another bag. Great sale & fast shipping!!

Trusted Contributor

Just received my Elit Hobo from the Vera ebay sale. Love the bag, but it has a very strong chemical smell -- and I do mean strong. It's on my terrace airing out. First time I've received a bag with this smell, and I own 6 other Vera's. Bag is perfect otherwise -- large & roomy, but not oversized like a piece of luggage. Strap stays on shoulder, bag stands up by itself on feet, lots of pockets and a zip top. Now if only that odor will go away......

Contributor

CJC- I've received a handbag in the past with that horrible smell. I sent it back. VB actually paid for me to ship it back because of the chemical smell.

Last week, I received a smartphone wristlet with that exact same smell- but I love the wristlet and figured it would eventually go away. I just went and smelled it- still awful.

I'm not sure what you can do to get rid of that smell other than frebreeze or letting it sit outside in fresh air for a few days.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure what you can do to get rid of that smell other than frebreeze or letting it sit outside in fresh air for a few days.

Someone told me to put the bag in the freezer for 24 hours. Trying the air first -- then will try freezer! I'll Fabreeze it too. Thanks! Gotta love those overseas factories.

Super Contributor

My items arrived.. no chemical smells here.

I'm wondering about the ditty bags though, I ordered one in the canterbury cobalt to go with my set. The plastic lining is not as sturdy as the linings in the other two I have in other patterns.

It will still get the job done and the price was much better than normal, it's just thinner and I wondered if anyone else has noticed a change.

Trusted Contributor

Yesterday I wrote a review of my Elit Hobo on the Vera website. I highly praised the bag's structure -- it's many useful features; the fast shipping etc. All true. Then at the end of the review I mentioned the awful chemical smell of the fabric. Think my review will be posted? Wouldn't bet my money! My user name on the Vera site is oh2sc. We shall see.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to eliminate the odor. I've stuffed the bag with several dryer sheets. I live in a rural area, and returns are a big hassle so I'm hoping the odor dissipates. If not, I've probably purchased my last Vera.