Respected Contributor

Get ready for the returns!!! I am so glad I didn't buy the Dooney TSV from 9/13 but I almost did!

There are going to be a huge number of returns based on the reviews. Even 3 and 4 star reviews stated valid reasons for returning. Such as the purse was much bigger in person maybe a full 2 inches bigger. It certainly won't be the first time that Qvc fudged on the measurements.

The other complaints were a sticky top zipper. Ugh! What a terrible thing to discover on a bag that price. I detest finding out that the handbag I've been waiting for with so much anticipation had a defective zipper.

Another complaint is there is a zipper stop and it doesn't open as wide as it should and it's simply too hard to find things.

The 3rd biggest complaint is the lining....there seems to be confusion as to what it is made of but looks and feels cheap for such an expensive bag.

And another complaint is that it isn't pliable enough and just too cumbersome to carry.

I am delighted that I cancelled my order. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Re: Get ready for the returns!!! I am so glad I didn't buy the Dooney TSV from 9/13 but I almost did!

I think D&B is overpriced, but I know nothing about handbags, so I could well be wrong.

Valued Contributor

Re: Get ready for the returns!!! I am so glad I didn't buy the Dooney TSV from 9/13 but I almost did!

I'm trying to place which bag that is, but I did read some reviews about one that the lining seemed more like plastic. That one (and they mentioned it on the live airing) has a coated cloth lining, which I think would be great for keeping it clean.

I also know the zippers can be a bit difficult to get going until they get kind of broken in, and then they are awesome zippers...so strong!

Everything was pretty evident to me on the show....it's tough to visualize what it will be like in person, sometimes, though...

Hope not everyone is disappointed, though!!

Trusted Contributor

For the price of a Dooney, it should be perfect in every way!

Respected Contributor

On 9/22/2014 NYwoman said:

For the price of a Dooney, it should be perfect in every way!

I agree.

Respected Contributor

DiamondGirly.....the item# is a259485.

Respected Contributor

I received this bag and LLLLLOOOOOOVE it! Nothing is ever perfect! But this is a beautiful bag and most of us are thrilled! Maybe those of us who are have not felt the need to express that need to when we read comments that say someone is delighted to cancel an order.
Respected Contributor

I can't speak about the bag, but if the only complaint is a sticky zipper, simply rub it with wax and work it back and forth a few times. That'll do the trick.
Honored Contributor

This one was never on my radar to even consider ordering. If you love it, enjoy it, but I didn't like anything about it, and it really seems as though QVC and Dooney collaborated to do this one on the cheap. I'm calling it, Dooney-lite... and I'm not talking weight.

And yes, there should be a big influx of this bag coming soon to an 'as-is' section near you...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I stay away from ALL TSVs.

They ALL seem to be skimping on quality, IMO.