Trusted Contributor

Baby pink florentine leather

I am considering one of the sale bags and am wondering if anyone has experience with the baby pink? I own other bags in the florentine and like them but the leather does scratch. Just wondering how that looks on the pink and also how pink it it? I prefer a softer pink. Thanks!
Valued Contributor

Re: Baby pink florentine leather

I don't own a baby pink Florentine Leather bag, but if I was able to afford an extra one, I would have bought it. As they said in presentations, they look pretty with grey, and probably all other neutral colors. You should give it a try especially if it's on sale now.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Tough kitty...guess it doesn't hurt to try. I tend to be pretty picky, so I am trying hard to be as informed as possible before ordering. I've never even seen the color in the store and the video says it isn't showing right on screen hence my hesitation. I do not own a pink bag and ordered one from Kate spade that was absolutely florescent ...hated it.

Valued Contributor

Well, I think Florentine Leather is more matte so it should look pretty. Are you ordering the Clayton? It's a huge investment for a pink bag....but you can use it for 30 days on easy pay and return if you don't like it. I got Saddle bag in grey and loved everything about it but it does scratch and I couldn't get over the narrow size, only 4 inches in depth! So I'm returning it.
Regular Contributor

A few months ago I ordered a baby pink florentine satchel. I wanted a nice soft pink, but it was brighter than I wanted. I assumed it was just how that leather takes the dye. It was pretty, but just brighter than I wanted and I knew it would sit in my closet and not be used much at all. I returned it. I did see a friend's croco embossed pink shopper and loved the pink, so I ordered that yesterday!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much for the replies!! I think I will hold off if the pink is it is brighter than expected . Duster thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Tough Kitty I was actually considering the florentine saddle bag so thank you for mentioning the scratching and depth(I loved the grey in the video). I just do not think a bright pink would look too great with scratches. My other Florentines are natural and bone and I do like the leather and how it wears in those colors.

Have a great day ladies!!!

Valued Contributor

You are welcome! Happy to help Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I don't own it, but have seen it in person a number of times and it's very pink. While it wouldn't be for me anyway, I'd suspect based on what others have said that in Florentine the less intense colors weather the scratches better.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

You're welcome, equss. I should have said "your mileage may vary". LOL Most of my D&B bags are black, natural, TMoro and Chestnut. You may want to go to a store and look at a baby pink bag in person.