Not applicable
About to pull the trigger on Clayton which I love, love the bone but I live in NYC and it doesn't seem like a winter color, can I wear in winter or should I go with safe and still beautiful Chesnut?
Respected Contributor

It's a personal choice. Wear what makes you happy.

I also live in NY and I think it depends upon how you dress. If your winter coat is camel or beige or soft grey, then a light colored handbag will look good. If your winter coat is dark, I personally think it will look like you are using a summer handbag.

Bottom line, if the handbag coordinates nicely with what you wear, then it will look sharp and stylish. Otherwise it will look out of season.

Regular Contributor
Personally, I'd go with the chestnut. I own the Florentine Saddle bag in chestnut and it's a gorgeous color. A while back, I ordered the Florentine domed buckle satchel in the bone and ended up sending it back. To me, the bone was a very drab color. The Clayton is nice. Hope this helps.
Valued Contributor
It looks amazing in black! Perfect business bag..... the bone can get old, but that's just my opinion.....
Honored Contributor
Chestnut. Rich, and warm for the cooler months.
Honored Contributor

I think the bone is beautiful and would be fine in Winter but I don't follow many fashion rules.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

This bag is gorgeous in bone and the color can go year 'round as far as I'm concerned. Be advised though, this 'bone' is not, to my mind anyway, the 'traditional' bone color one might expect. It's really more of a custard color, but still very pretty.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
On 9/14/2014 stevieb said:

This bag is gorgeous in bone and the color can go year 'round as far as I'm concerned. Be advised though, this 'bone' is not, to my mind anyway, the 'traditional' bone color one might expect. It's really more of a custard color, but still very pretty.

ITA! I have the Bristol in Bone and it definitely has a yellow tint to it. I do think it can be worn all year though. I have the Clayton in the chestnut and it is very nice...

Honored Contributor
On 9/14/2014 cgil said:
On 9/14/2014 stevieb said:

ITA! I have the Bristol in Bone and it definitely has a yellow tint to it. I do think it can be worn all year though. I have the Clayton in the chestnut and it is very nice...

I debated forever on the color Clayton to order. Though I toyed with orange, I finally got it down to neutrals: bone, chestnut and black. I capitulated and went with basic black and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I love this bag, and this is one, I think, works best in a neutral rather than a true color. The chestnut is a beautiful color. I have the large dome satchel in chestnut and love it! Nothing yet in bone. I had a bone Stanwich satchel and sent it back, but it was less the color that disappointed than the bag's silhouette!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...