Super Contributor

Color Lovers and today's TSV Handbag color selections

I'm really stimulated by color. In the home, in fashion, in decorating, in clothing - every where! When I see colors I love, I'm drawn to items and objects without regard for what they are - it's the colors that pull me in and get my attention.

So, when QVC has TSV's like today's Dooney TSV, I'm mesmerized by the color range. I can't help but edit their color choices in my mind and think, "they should have added this or taken out that color".

Like for today's Dooney selection, I'm thinking they should have added a T Moro and a Pumpkin at a minimum, as well as a garnet or other fall red color.

I'm not buying from the TSV range, but does anyone else evaluate the TSV range of colors and think to themselves how they could have done it better (in your opinion?) I also think, they should have added more of this color and less of that one - evaluation what I think would be the number and popularity of each color.

This is just a post about love of color and how it could be improved. What colors would you have added or removed from today's Dooney's TSV range to make it just right?

Honored Contributor

Re: Color Lovers and today's TSV Handbag color selections

I would have loved something in orange and I returned the bag I ordered lol.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I love color too. I think they chose their colors with the current Pantone fall color palette in mind... this falls colors include the violet, blues, green. I don't remember any orange or browns, but there was a burgundy shade, I think. Oranges and browns are typical fall colors, but this fall the colors seem to be more on the cool side.... blues and violets.

I love the cool colors, so I'm enjoying the choices this fall.

Also, Dooney will have other color choices in other handbag styles.

Super Contributor

I love the fall and spring color ranges the most, I think! I really like the TSV's of any item, because they usually have the most color choices. I remember when they sold the Dooney Crescent bag, and in the spring they had the best bright colors, and there were a bunch of choices - seems like 8 or more!

I just love color. I love the Pantone web site and enjoy watching their selections and predictions.

Respected Contributor

Jayro: I remember the Crescent bag too.... I have it in purple and blue.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't remotely interested in this bag, but agree an orange and a red, wine or burgundy option might have been more seasonal. Besides, I thought they added several more colors, including an orange, but haven't seen them on-line or presented... Wonder what happened to them. I didn't watch the TSV kick-off show, but can't imagine all those supposedly 'new' colors they reportedly added sold out. Certainly, no offense is intended to anyone, but this bag just strikes me as "Dooney-lite" and not talking weight... I also personally think the orchid choice is rather unappealing, and certainly would have been more timely had this bag been released for spring or summer.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Stevie: I too think the orchid is a spring color.... but orchid and a dusty lavender/mauve are part of the Fall 2014 Pantene color list. So I guess it's a fall color now. Wink When I saw the Pantone list I thought... ok, the lighter colors would be great as sweater colors to wear with black, grey, navy, brown. I don't see them as handbag colors in the cold/stormy north east. But then again, not every one lives in a cold/stormy climate. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

I would like to see the deep turquoise they've used on other bags. They and everyone else can lose the orchid any time now and it would be fine with me. You are limited in what you can wear with it. It just doesn't seem ""right"" for winter either.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Would luv your Pumpkin or Garnet idea Jayro

Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 BTwixx said:

Would luv your Pumpkin or Garnet idea Jayro Wink

Yes, those would have been so pretty. I think they should have made a plum/berry color instead of the bright orchid. I think the orchid was just a bit too spring/summery. If they had done plum/berry instead of orchid, and added a pumpkin and a garnet it would have been fantastic fall line-up.

This is all just for fun. Obviously they know the customer, because they almost all sold out!