Regular Contributor

Hi, I am not sure about the weight of this bag. I don't like anything that is heavy and this said on line it is 2 pounds. So I decided against it. Anyone have this already and is it heavy? Thanks

Respected Contributor

There were several reviews already posted for this bag. Most were five stars but there were a few negative remarks about the overall size. Some thought is was larger than described and a few complained about the lining. No one mentioned the weight as being a negative. I loved the mushroom/black combo but I didn't like the look of the lining. Not what I would expect from Dooney and I hope this isn't a change they will make in all their handbags. I am passing on this one also. Love Dooney, just not this bag.

Super Contributor

I got this in the mushroom but sent it back as (1) it was too big, (2) it was too heavy, and (3) the inside lining was plastic like. Throw in that the zipper on top and the zipper on back didn't always work smoothly or stuck completely. I have the Charleston Shopper in two colors and love the weight, size, and, yes, zipper on both of them Smiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

This IS a big big bag (yet the zip top isn't that wide.) The bag is heavy.

The zippers are sticky, what InStitches49 says is all true. I plan to candle wax the zips.

I'm keeping it because I need a basic bag and brown-black (I got "natural") is a good basic bag. The leather is nice, but it's not perfect.

The wallet is very cheaply made. It has a pocket for bills and some credit card slots. I think it's more functional than the small poche they usually throw in. But this bag is definitely not quite as nice as my Janine.

Is the lining leather? Because if it's plastic, it's going back. Plastic cracks. I sniffed it and it smells like leather, but I'm not certain.

Occasional Contributor
TSV arrived today, gorgeous purse. Not me.Opened plastic bag just to feel the leather. Nice. Did not like red interior. Just sent it back. Love the Buckley and will wait for wait list order.
Respected Contributor

Did you notice that the Key Fob has been cheapened? The fobs I previously have are a flat fob that has a stitched-on oval with the Dooney logo. This one has the logo simply stamped on it rather than that extra piece sewn on.

I'm on the fence on this bag. I like the size and color, but there is something about it, maybe the zipper on the top, that annoys me.

Respected Contributor

Mine has arrived but I had to have it shipped to my parents' house so I haven't opened it yet. I can no longer count on UPS to leave the package at my door if I am not home, so I sent it to their house. Can't wait to see it. Not happy about the inside. From what I saw on TV I thought it was the usual red cloth.

Valued Contributor
Well, I satisfied my curiosity and now I'm ready to send this bag back.... it arrived a few hours ago.... as I stated before, it looks very stylish on the shoulder.....however, up close it is not that impressive. The zippers are terrible - hard to open and close. And overall, the bag doesn't look as it's worth that much.... especially with my recent purchase of the GILI Satchel which is stunning.....
Honored Contributor

I sincerely hope this is not the wave of the future with regard to Dooney TSV's, but I fear that it is... It wasn't bad enough that they NEVER feature an actual bona fide Dooney 'it' bag but rather always offer a 'made for Q version', but I'd said all along that this bag struck me as a 'Dooney-lite'..., a watered down version of a Dooney bag that had been so diluted as to essentially make it Dooney in name only... Clearly, there are scores of ladies who love their bags, but the more I'm hearing about the leather, the hardware, the interior, and the accessories would seem to indicate that my assessment might just have been more accurate than I frankly wish it was.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The TSVs seem to be of the same ""quality"" as the made for the outlet bags.