Super Contributor

If anyone has recieved the marine in the dooney TSV for sept. 13

Is it a true navy? Thanks in advanced.

Super Contributor

Re: If anyone has recieved the marine in the dooney TSV for sept. 13

Well I guess no one has it. Thanks

Super Contributor

I did not receive the TSV but did order another purse from Zappos that was in the marine and found it not as dark as navy. Marine is a pretty medium to dark blue but definitely wasn't a navy in the purse I ordered. I ended up sending my purse back just because I want a true dark navy color (like the navy in Linea fashions). I did order the TSV in another color but returned it because it was much bigger and heavier than I thought and wasn't comfortable on my shoulder. That's just my opinion of course since I have two other D&B bags (the Charleston shopper) and love them.

Occasional Contributor

Leather, suede? Colors? Style, price?
Esteemed Contributor

That marine blue looks very dark.

Dooney & Bourke European Leather Sophie Hobo w/ AccessoriesThe bag everyone will be after. Dooney & Bourke designed this Sophie hobo and its accessories in smooth, soft, European leather--the first of its kind offered at such an incredible value! Go ahead and treat yourself to this stylish sensation and see how fast it gains admirers.

Feel Euro chic with the slouched hobo look in a sophisticated style. Adjust the shoulder strap to fit you comfortably and be carried with ease. The curved top slightly smiles--inviting you to unzip with the help of the fashionable tassels and dive into the lined interior. Inside you'll find a plethora of pockets just waiting to organize your phone, keys, makeup, and more.

Super Contributor

Sorry, I know this is random. Does anyone know the measurements of the Sept. 13 TSV? Thx.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/12/2014 MeganRose said: Sorry, I know this is random. Does anyone know the measurements of the Sept. 13 TSV? Thx.

From the e-mail info:

• From the Seville Collection
  • Includes hobo bag and wallet
  • Style: Sophie
  • Hobo: European leather, adjustable strap, one back exterior zip pocket, metal-plated logo, four bottom feet, top zipper closure with tassels, luggage tag, goldtone hardware
  • Wallet: European leather
  • Hobo: red, lined interior; two front-wall slip pockets; one back-wall zip pocket; one back-wall slip pocket; key fob
  • Wallet: one slip pocket, six credit card slots
  • Approximate measurements: Hobo 12"W x 12"H x 4-1/2"D with a 12" to 14" strap drop; weighs approximately 2 lbs, 3 ozs; Wallet 8"W x 3-3/4"H x 1/4"D
  • Hobo: body/trim 100% leather; lining 65% polyurethane resin/35% cotton
  • Wallet: 100% leather; lining 100% cotton
Esteemed Contributor

I have the marine blue in the Buckley. It's a very dark navy blue. It doesn't look black at all. My Buckley looks like a true navy blue bag. At least to me it does.
Honored Contributor

Dooney uses the same color names for different shades in different bags. "Marine" has been used as virtually identical to navy but I believe it's also been used as more of what seems like a cadet blue and also as an almost dark teal color. It depends on the bag and the leather and not all 'marine' is the same. Sorry, I didn't order this one, so can't speak to what color it is in this particular bag.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

I just received mine today. Marine is very dark navy. There is not a great deal of contrast with the black. The leather is lovely. It ha body but is not stiff, and will presumably become softer with time and use. The trouble I am having with the bag is that it is just too big, particularly at the bottom....more like a tote than a purse. The dimensions provided on line and during presentations were not accurate. The bag is 12 inches tall. However, it is 14 inches across (not 12), and at the bottom close to 6 inches deep (not 4). I hope this helps.