Contributor

Hot Handbag Trends for Fall 2014???

What's anyone hearing about this? I've seen small, bags as well as back to the big hobo styles. Also seeing chains on purses for straps. Colors? Size? What's the scoop??? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

Re: Hot Handbag Trends for Fall 2014???

I never pay attention to trends. I like getting clothes, accessories, handbags that are pretty much classic...

Super Contributor

I've been in he handbag industry for years, and for,those ladies who are interested in what's new, here it is: small to medium bags no more than 11 inches to 13 inches at the most, top handles with an envelope over flap, smooth colorful leathers, zipper closures, squared kelly bag corners, bucket bags, trend for tassels is slowing down, chain handles everywhere, small to petite crossbody bags, textures such as snake are still going strong.
Valued Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Susan Louise said:

I never pay attention to trends. I like getting clothes, accessories, handbags that are pretty much classic...

Same here. And 99% of the time no one else sees my bags anyway.... LOL.... {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

Don't care for chain handles unless it's for evening; glad to see some smaller bags coming back (but not too small!).....the huge ones are just too heavy and awkward to carry; they just become "black holes" for things I put inside, never to be seen again{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

All I can say is diminutive bags will never be 'on trend' on my arm!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 8/28/2014 3star said: I've been in he handbag industry for years, and for,those ladies who are interested in what's new, here it is: small to medium bags no more than 11 inches to 13 inches at the most, top handles with an envelope over flap, smooth colorful leathers, zipper closures, squared kelly bag corners, bucket bags, trend for tassels is slowing down, chain handles everywhere, small to petite crossbody bags, textures such as snake are still going strong.

3star: thanks for the info. We all have our preferred style of handbags, but it's interesting to know what's current. I can probably pull many of these styles out from the back of my closet. What goes around, comes around. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I'm glad colorful leathers are in, also love textures like snake, croco, etc, and zipper closures are my preference. I won't be buying any top handle flap envelopes, any chain handles, or cross body bags. I'll be a fashion leader.... some of the time. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 3star said: I've been in he handbag industry for years, and for,those ladies who are interested in what's new, here it is: small to medium bags no more than 11 inches to 13 inches at the most, top handles with an envelope over flap, smooth colorful leathers, zipper closures, squared kelly bag corners, bucket bags, trend for tassels is slowing down, chain handles everywhere, small to petite crossbody bags, textures such as snake are still going strong.

Thanks for the handbag style update, 3star! Smile I'll be digging through my handbag area$ to find some of these bags. No envelope over flap or chain handles for me, either. I did get two of those GILI small croco crossbody bags in red and orange (looks like they are sold out or else I would insert the item number) because I thought they would be fun to wear downtown (Chicago) to the Art Institute or for shopping. Those small bags do have a purpose when you have an all day affair and don't want to pull out your shoulder!