Trusted Contributor

Need Reviews For Badgley Mischka Handbags.

I'm thinking about buying one of these handbags but I know absolutely nothing about their quality and durability. I'd appreciate info about this line of bags. The one I'm interested in is quite large (Sawyer Hobo), which isn't what I'm used to carrying. Are these bags heavy?

TIA

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

Re: Need Reviews For Badgley Mischka Handbags.

Where did you see this handbag?

Regular Contributor

I don't know the quality of their retail bags. I bought my daughter one of their bags from HSN. Within 2 days the lining had completely shredded and separated from the bag. Complete trash. Not even walmart quality. I will never purchase one of their items again.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/24/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Where did you see this handbag?

Saks outlet store online. I'm pretty sure I could return it if I don't like it that much. It's 15"x15" and 4" deep, which is pretty large for me. But, I like it because it has a shoulder strap that is long enough to wear comfortably, even when wearing a heavy jacket or coat. Plus, it has an outside zippered pocket which I really want, especially in a large bag. I'm just so undecided because I've never seen one in person.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

On 8/24/2014 Andrewsgrandma said:

I don't know the quality of their retail bags. I bought my daughter one of their bags from HSN. Within 2 days the lining had completely shredded and separated from the bag. Complete trash. Not even walmart quality. I will never purchase one of their items again.

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. Now I'm really undecided. Of course I could just return it. I have an outlet Saks in my town and I probably would just return it there. I'm going to give this purchase a little more thought before deciding.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

Anyone else have any experience with these bags? I need more advice; please help. Decisions...decisions...

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

These bags are exquisite. Well made and of quality materials. The ones I've seen run $400 - $500 new. I own one and it's incredible. The problem (I see) with these bags isn't the quality or materials or how well they're made, it's the fact that no one recognizes the name in order to understand the quality of the bag. I say if you love it (and I love mine)... go for it, they're incredible IMHO... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I also think these brands generate a "different" quality for the shopping channels compared to what is offered at Dept stores like Saks, Neimans, etc....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Q4u. This bag is regularly priced at $375 and is now reduced to $119 with free shipping. I think I just might go ahead and give it a try.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

I went ahead and ordered it in black. It was such a good buy.I'll have 30 days to return it to the store, or send it back if I want. They also have this bag in a beautiful rich, deep red color; but I know I'll get more use out of the black bag. If I really like it I'll go back and see if the red one is still available. Not that I need more handbags.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Member Since 11/20/2008