Honored Contributor

Florentine Buckley bag ( and the new gray color)

Wow I really like the look of the new Buckley bag, especially in the new gray. Of course it's gorgeous in black too.

It's the opposite of everything I like in a bag, so I'm not sure why I like it so much. Shoulder strap, no outside pockets, drawstring. I like the profile though, and the handles and the width and very open top. I'm tired of bags with narrow openings.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Florentine Buckley bag ( and the new gray color)

I kind of like it, too! I'm not sure about the drawstring closure...I guess I would have to see it IRL and decide if it scrunches together tight enough to withstand my items not spilling out when the bag flies off my front seat when I have to stop fast in Hazel (my car). I would also need to check out the size because I seem to be needing a larger bag of late.

I do LOVE {#emotions_dlg.wub} the new Florentine grey color. It looks like it's not too dark, which I like.

There is always something new from Dooney! Smile

Valued Contributor

On 8/14/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

I kind of like it, too! I'm not sure about the drawstring closure...I guess I would have to see it IRL and decide if it scrunches together tight enough to withstand my items not spilling out when the bag flies off my front seat when I have to stop fast in Hazel (my car).

You can always tie a knot with the strings to keep the bag from opening. Smile

Valued Contributor

On 8/14/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

I do LOVE {#emotions_dlg.wub} the new Florentine grey color. It looks like it's not too dark, which I like.

There is always something new from Dooney! Smile

I LOVE the new Florentine grey color as well. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

And YES, it's nice to see new Donney bags AND know that they will not run out of stock {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Honored Contributor

The gray one looks like it has chestnut for the handles and tassels color. I love that's it's 7 1/2 inches wide and nearly 12x12

I really like the Chelsea too, love the separate sections and the middle zip is perfect for a tablet.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 8/14/2014 jaxs mom said:

Wow I really like the look of the new Buckley bag, especially in the new gray. Of course it's gorgeous in black too.

It's the opposite of everything I like in a bag, so I'm not sure why I like it so much. Shoulder strap, no outside pockets, drawstring. I like the profile though, and the handles and the width and very open top. I'm tired of bags with narrow openings.

I like it too and I'm also unsure why, as this is so not my usual silhouette of choice... Still, it is a very pretty bag, though not one I'm thinking I'll be getting...

The Chelsea is a great bag. I own two in Dillen and wouldn't mind it is several more colors. I'm happy with the Dillen leather in this one, though, and not anxious for it in Florentine, though I sure wouldn't turn one down...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Stevie: I bought a Dillen Chelsea in geranium this summer. Love the color, but I find the handbag heavy. Is it just me?

Honored Contributor

On 8/14/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Stevie: I bought a Dillen Chelsea in geranium this summer. Love the color, but I find the handbag heavy. Is it just me?

Not just you. They are a bit on the heavy side. There's a lot of leather in those bags!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I loved the look of this bag the minute I opened my e-mail. The grey version is absolutely stunning! By far my fav. I really prefer the security of the center zip compartment of the Chelsea, but the Grey Buckley is SO alluring.
Respected Contributor

Is there an item #?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown