Super Contributor
The Samba Large Belted Shopper finally! Of course we can't forget the Logo Lock!
Trusted Contributor

Haha, I know, right? Ever since I started following the handbag thread and saw you guys talk about that Logo Lock bag, I notice it's in the display for every Dooney show and I think I've seen it on the set for other shows! I wonder what it is with that? I don't notice any other bag always on set, unless there's a TSV in the background.

I think the bag is fine and I'm glad a lot of people like it but it's getting to be really funny Smiley Wink Like a "Where's Logo Lock?" Maybe we can win something if we are the first to spot it on the set?

KJPA
Honored Contributor

Hey ATG!

Oh that LL... apparently it's eternal... Logo without end...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I've tried to be nice about it, I really, REALLY have...., but you know, I'm just going to put it right out there now. I hate that bag. I absolutely hate it!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I turned off the earlier show as soon as it surfaced. It was either that or run screaming from the room. NEVER has a handbag been so annoyingly and enormously over-exposed!

Yes, finally saw the large shopper... And glad I did, because I now know that if I go for one of the Samba shoppers, it'll be the smaller one of the two and in either brick (not available here, darn it, as I wanted to see the color, though I knew they wouldn't be offering it...) or the denim, which to me is teal and very pretty!

Have to say though, the large Samba satchel is somewhat interesting, but I remain undecided on that lock... I mean, I know I don't really like it, but now the question remains whether or not I otherwise like the bags enough to sort of live with it...

Either of you ladies buying...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Logo Lock is presented because it sells! Get over it, ladies Smiley Wink I have it in the amount of one and I like it. it's very affordable $279 for a bag with the kiss lock "purse" - that's why it sells. And all hobo bag lovers like this bag.... based on what I've noticed all of you haters prefer a satchel to hobo Smiley Happy ....I am actually getting tired of seeing Roma 2 and I owe 2 of them, lol.

Anyway, about the new Samba satchel - it's pretty. I love the zipper!!!! However, as I mentioned above, I prefer shoulder bags, so I am not interested in this one unless it has longer handles instead of the strap. A huge bag looks weird on a long strap.... I did like the structured silhouette - good for carrying the paper work. Either way, I'm not buying. but I'd get the black or gray. And I liked the mini square satchel in purple.

Esteemed Contributor

stevieb....as soon as I saw them advertise that LL I thought of you and SPURT and smiled...knowing how much the two of you and some others talk about that dang purse showing up for every D&B show....QVC isn't going to let that one go...as long as they can make more and more colors...it will be here forever....like the Dells...etc etc...

Honored Contributor
On 8/2/2014 circles said:

stevieb....as soon as I saw them advertise that LL I thought of you and SPURT and smiled...knowing how much the two of you and some others talk about that dang purse showing up for every D&B show....QVC isn't going to let that one go...as long as they can make more and more colors...it will be here forever....like the Dells...etc etc...

Wink

I know. I've accepted that it's never, ever going away... They'll just keep going through the Crayola 64 colors box and then move on to the even bigger boxes until the end of freakin' time as we know it!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor
On 8/2/2014 tough_kitty said:

Logo Lock is presented because it sells! Get over it, ladies Smiley Wink I have it in the amount of one and I like it. it's very affordable $279 for a bag with the kiss lock "purse" - that's why it sells. And all hobo bag lovers like this bag.... based on what I've noticed all of you haters prefer a satchel to hobo Smiley Happy ....I am actually getting tired of seeing Roma 2 and I owe 2 of them, lol.

Anyway, about the new Samba satchel - it's pretty. I love the zipper!!!! However, as I mentioned above, I prefer shoulder bags, so I am not interested in this one unless it has longer handles instead of the strap. A huge bag looks weird on a long strap.... I did like the structured silhouette - good for carrying the paper work. Either way, I'm not buying. but I'd get the black or gray. And I liked the mini square satchel in purple.

Yea, not much of a shoulder bag lover. Do prefer a satchel but I do like a nice hobo, and own a number. LL isn't one of them...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And yea, they're beating the Roma II into oblivion too... and not nearly as many colors to break the monotony...

Now TK, if you like features of the Samba, but just don't want to go the satchel route, perhaps you haven't seen the Samba hobo... It's actually quite lovely and I've considered it myself... Let me tempt you...

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

A2552168 in grey...

Dooney & Bourke Samba Leather Belted Hobo

Valued Contributor

Lol, Stevie {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} ....I saw the entire Samba collection when someone posted all the pics on here...And to be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the collection.... but then some of you talked me into liking it...kind of Smiley Happy so, I will be fine not getting any of these bags.... And as far as the Samba hobo, I'm not a fan of the strap. Plus, this hobo seems too narrow and too small for my needs....

Anyway, I've been watching fall fashion show all day today and liked so many LOGO pieces including some tops and leggings but I am not buying anymore clothes from qvc.... besides, they seem overpriced especially when you add the shipping costs... I have yet to find perfect pants/leggings/work pants....all of these piece look fabulous on tv but I bet they won't look that great in person.....

Valued Contributor

5 pieces of clothing = 1 bag at $250! I think bag is a better choice

Valued Contributor

Also, even though I like my MK shoulder/crossbody bag, I find the flap pockets really annoying - having to open them is kind of a hassle. It's almost easier to have your phone in the main compartment vs in that front pocket.... but that's just my opinion Smiley Happy