Honored Contributor

Since I'm so bitten by the Vera bug, just LOVE these, that I'm considering accordion zipper wallets for 2 of the women I'll be getting gifts for. I have one and use it all the time.

Have you given any VB gifts in the past? Wondering if that is a good size idea, in case my choice of colors, isn't theirs. One of them, had a purse she was toting around at a last get together. So I'm fairly safe on VB as a gift for her.

What if any have you given as Christmas presents?

Trusted Contributor

I have been bitten by the Vera bug too!! My sister got me a handbag, coin purse and cosmetic bag in Venetian Paisley for Christmas last year and I've become so in love with the pattern I've gotten a bunch of other stuff. I think it's a GREAT idea for a gift. I guess the difficulty is in choosing a pattern.

Super Contributor

My favorite VBs are the bigger bags. I have given Vera Totes to my neices, and they love them. They both have kids, and these bags are great for carrying a bunch of different items.

I use the large duffel to carry uniforms, etc, to work. I also love them for car travel. I have a couple of older ones that I use for organizing my cedar chest. They hold a ton of clothes, but they are light and fold down for easy storage.

I like the cantebury prints and the micro black.

Frequent Contributor

I gave my Mom a tote for Christmas years ago after she complimented me on mine so I knew she liked the print. I was given some as a gift and of course, didn't like the print..... Just because I love Vera doesn't mean I love all th prints. Vera isn't a gift I'd give unless I was 100% sure of the receivers taste!!

Super Contributor
On 7/20/2014 MotivatedMomma said:

I gave my Mom a tote for Christmas years ago after she complimented me on mine so I knew she liked the print. I was given some as a gift and of course, didn't like the print..... Just because I love Vera doesn't mean I love all th prints. Vera isn't a gift I'd give unless I was 100% sure of the receivers taste!!

I have to agree. I love my Vera, but am drawn to certain patterns. If I feel this way, I'm sure that most other women do as well. Unless you know that the recipient is drawn to a certain pattern, I suppose the gifter could be taking a chance.

Honored Contributor
On 7/20/2014 benzgirl said:
On 7/20/2014 MotivatedMomma said:

I have to agree. I love my Vera, but am drawn to certain patterns. If I feel this way, I'm sure that most other women do as well. Unless you know that the recipient is drawn to a certain pattern, I suppose the gifter could be taking a chance.

A couple years ago my sister gave me a large tote in a navy pattern. I'm not a navy person, so I exchanged it. Color is definitely a personal choice. I wouldn't keep a color I didn't like. If you know for sure what their pattern is or color, then that's a different story. It would be a great thought.

Esteemed Contributor

I've given friends the turn lock wallet - and it was VERY WELCOMED even though they weren't Vera fans necessarily!! A patterned wallet is safe- I picked a pattern with colors I knew they liked. One friend told me it's so easy to find it in her black hole of a pocketbook!

Super Contributor
On 7/20/2014 ibb38 said:

I've given friends the turn lock wallet - and it was VERY WELCOMED even though they weren't Vera fans necessarily!! A patterned wallet is safe- I picked a pattern with colors I knew they liked. One friend told me it's so easy to find it in her black hole of a pocketbook!

I agree. The smaller items are much easier to gift if you aren't sure what pattern the recipient favors. Everyone can use and appreciates a new wallet.

Esteemed Contributor

I always go with these types of VB items for gifties. Notepads are very handy by the work/home phone or computer. I usually pick the pattern by the clothing they wear if I haven't been to their homes (like work buddies). My work buddies have to wear those badges and lanyards are fun too. Everyone loves a coin purse also. For travelers I like to get ID tags for their luggage to make those black suitcases stand out.

I just don't think you can go wrong with anything cheery and useful like VB.

Honored Contributor

I gave one as a thank you gift to a friend years ago and she loved it then last year when she visited us in Fl her purse handle broke so instead of her buying one I lent her a lemon hill bag I had that was the black with turquoise print and she loved it so much I gave it to her to keep. She is still carrying it. It was hardly used as it is a very small bag - like the VB frannie bag - so I had only used it a couple of times. This particular person prefers tiny bags so it was a fit for her.