Honored Contributor

How many Vera bags, wallets, totes, etc. do you own?

I just started this year getting these. Jaques's got a picture posted and she has a stairway full. She's good at selling these. I enjoy watching her. Thought it was funny.

Want to share how many you have?

What patterns do you like? The ones I'm getting have pinks in them today. But, more and more, I'm doing some variety.

Respected Contributor

Re: How many Vera bags, wallets, totes, etc. do you own?

1 cell phone wallet that is too small and I don't use it.

1 Kindle cover used when traveling.

1 huge tote used daily back and forth to work.

1 mini hipster used daily for now. I throw it in my huge tote when I go to work.

None of it matches. LOL

Respected Contributor

I only own the retired night owl pattern. I have the hipster,large duffle,wallet,and tote. It's not very loud or done in the crazy patterns and a motley crew of colors.Plus it has very tastefully placed little owls on it. I love the fabric concept...just not the prints and colors of most VB.

Super Contributor

2 travel-size totes 2 purses 1 cross body Less than a half dozen smaller pieces (cell phone wristlet, cosmetic bags & wallet)
Super Contributor

One, a gift, and that one (thank goodness) is a pretty sedate pattern in black, yellow, white. Just do not like pattern anything. Love the fabric though - wish the company would offer bags and accessories without any patterns. I do not like these Bradley prints - they clash with everything I own.

Super Contributor

On 7/17/2014 Haca said:

One, a gift, and that one (thank goodness) is a pretty sedate pattern in black, yellow, white. Just do not like pattern anything. Love the fabric though - wish the company would offer bags and accessories without any patterns. I do not like these Bradley prints - they clash with everything I own.

Haca....VB recently came out with solids! They have had black for several years but I recently saw a very pretty berry color and a royal blue. Check them out at the Vera website. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

I have never seen the appeal in these bags with the busy prints and high prices. I see bags like this in mart type stores for less than $20. Or maybe the appeal is for someone to say they own a Vera Bradley.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Respected Contributor

On 7/17/2014 michlady1 said:

I have never seen the appeal in these bags with the busy prints and high prices. I see bags like this in mart type stores for less than $20. Or maybe the appeal is for someone to say they own a Vera Bradley.

They are lightweight and I love the organization. I never pay full price. I wait until they are 40% to 60% off before I buy.

I love my mini hipster and would like it in another color.

Edit: I wear boring plain colors, so I like the bright patterns.

Honored Contributor

A yellow bird bag in the now D/C morgan style , a tablet tote in cottage, a bowler bag in java blue from back when I was still working, a couple eyeglass cases , a small travel jewelry case in ribbons,and a small cosmetic case in ribbons and a tablet case in cottage, a wallet in java blue, a coin case in an old print I can't recall the name of, that I use for my quarters at the laundromat.

I also have some bella taylor bags (3 of them) in a style they call sarah that is an exact copy of the VB on the go bag. The bella taylor bags are exactly the same in quality as VB but much less expensive and the prints are not as garish as the VB bags have become.I have not seen a print I loved from VB in a long while. I bought one from QVC last spring and hated it when I saw it in person and sent it back. I loved ribbons and cottage - they were extremely popular too - I wish they would look at that and make some of the more subtle prints - at least one each season.

Honored Contributor

On 7/17/2014 michlady1 said:

So sad that because they don't appeal to you there has to be a dig at those who do love them. You don't get a VB quality bag for $20 - if you knew anything about them you would realize that and not make yourself look uninformed and nasty. BTW - if you dislike them so much why are you here in the VB forum? Oh yeah - just to write a put down.