Esteemed Contributor

Have you ever walked past a closet and found..........

A new dooney bag sitting on the top shelf brand new? I just happened to look in a closet I rarely use and noticed an Ivy green suede large Nina dooney bag wrapped in it's original wrapping. Even the handles were wrapped. I must have purchased this bag two years ago. It still has that great leather smell too. I love that dark hunter green color. I just myself a new bag to use this fall. Didn't even know I had it.
Super Contributor

Re: Have you ever walked past a closet and found..........

Girl, It just does not get any better than that!!!!!!
Trusted Contributor

On 7/13/2014 allthatsgood said: Girl, It just does not get any better than that!!!!!!

Funny. I was just thinking it couldn't get much worse than that....... {#emotions_dlg.crying} Who is buying $300 handbags so mindlessly that they don't even remember purchasing, receiving, or putting them away?

Respected Contributor

Don't feel bad OP. I think most of us have purchased something and have forgotten that we have it. Especially as you said, it was in a closet that you rarely go in to. When the Q used to carry the handbag line by Cherie Christmas I once purchased one of her bags and then realized I had an identical one sitting in my closet. Luckily for me the original one was black and the new one I bought was brown. I love both of the bags and have used them to death.

Trusted Contributor

Bling!!!

Yes!! I have done it!!

The Hunter Green is PERFECT for Fall!!

And suede??

This sounds like a BEAUTY!!

Take it out and wear it for the Fall season!

It sounds perfect!!

Trusted Contributor

Man. I wouldn't forget a fashion purchase that cost me several hundred dollars. Maybe that's common for some, but certainly not a forgettable occurrence for me!

Trusted Contributor

On 7/13/2014 GoodStuff said:
On 7/13/2014 allthatsgood said: Girl, It just does not get any better than that!!!!!!

Funny. I was just thinking it couldn't get much worse than that....... {#emotions_dlg.crying} Who is buying $300 handbags so mindlessly that they don't even remember purchasing, receiving, or putting them away?

After my whole family died and I was going through a terrible divorce (married 20 years) this was all at the same time by the way, I purchased a Dooney and put it away "mindlessly" as you put it, and discovered it four years later.

Any questions?

Trusted Contributor

On 7/13/2014 Oneanddone said:

After my whole family died and I was going through a terrible divorce (married 20 years) this was all at the same time by the way, I purchased a Dooney and put it away "mindlessly" as you put it, and discovered it four years later.

Any questions?

Under those disastrous circumstances, I think any of us might have forgotten many, many things -- pricey handbag purchases and beyond. OP described no such life stresses, and there was no hint of such in her post. I hope your life is on a much better and happier trend now, One/Done!

Esteemed Contributor

Man. I wouldn't forget a fashion purchase that cost me several hundred dollars. Maybe that's common for some, but certainly not a forgettable occurrence for me!

Apparently, you seem to know it all don't you! Wrong! That bag wasn't several hundred dollars, in fact, it was well under 200 dollars on sale. It's easy to forget it was there. Why is it the women on this board are so nasty? This thread was to be taken lightly in good humor but apparently you took whatever you're angry about on me. Get a grip in yourself and calm down. You keep up at this angry pace of yours you sure won't live long.
Respected Contributor

Well that's a nice surprise! Better than finding a moldy orange or rotten potato in the vegetable crisper! Those are the kinds of surprises I usually find, thanks to a forgetful husband who likes to buy lots of stuff and pile it all in one drawer.

When I buy a new handbag I usually carry it non-stop for several weeks, just to make sure it can withstand the torture of my daily routine.