Trusted Contributor

GILI ROMA 2 NATURAL OSTRICH WHAT CORPORATE TOLD ME TODAY

Corporate called me back today about the 2 Roma 2 Natural ostrich bags that I received with scratches/streaks all over them. The woman in corporate, Delores, told me she has the bag in her hand and the scratches/streaks are part of the design of the bag as she was told by the manufacturer. I told her I never saw an ostrich bag that had scratches in it. If you took your fingernail and scratched the bag you would see the top color come off. So she told me it is NOT a defect and those scratches/streaks are supposed to be there because it is part of the design. I told her that many people sent their bags back because of this and she said well they didn't like the design. I told her that some received perfect bags and her answer was, they liked the design the way it was made with the streaks and kept them. I never, in my life, saw any bag that if it scratched and it was so noticeable that the color came off the top, that it was not considered defective and who would wear an ostrich bag that had scratches and streaks all over it. I wonder if Lisa is walking around with her natural ostrich with scratches and streaks. I sincerely doubt it. Did Lisa ever mention when these bags were presented that the bag was designed with scratches and streaks? When these bags were shown on air did they have these "so called" designer streaks? Does the photo on the web have these streaks? NO ABSOLUTELY NOT. Well, so her answer was, that is the way it's made, so if you don't like it, send it back (the first one was sent back to her). She acted like it was my fault that I didn't like the "design" of the bag. This is so ridiculous and I am beyond furious right now. I was made to think that I didn't know that, that is the way an ostrich bag should look and no matter what I said, I was told to just send it back IF I DIDN'T LIKE IT. I wish that you ladies who experienced the same problem would call corporate and complain. so I am not made to look like an idiot who won't wear or accept a bag that is obviously defective. One more thing, they don't answer their lines, they only do call backs if you leave your name and number. Thanks for letting me vent because I am so very angry right now.
Respected Contributor

Re: GILI ROMA 2 NATURAL OSTRICH WHAT CORPORATE TOLD ME TODAY

I don't blame you. That is a load of horse hockey, what she told you. They must be spinning it that way to avoid taking a hit on the shipping charges. Mine was not scratched or streaked; does that mean that mine, in fact, is defective? I don't have the artistic streaking? If they keep this up, they will be out of business sooner rather than later.
Frequent Contributor

It sounds to me like they simply don't want to be the ones who look like idiots by admitting they sent out defective products. I wouldn't allow this to spoil your day, though. You're going to drive yourself crazy, and it's just not worth it. You know it's defective, so do others who returned their bags back for the very same reason. I can sympathize with your situation; I'd get my money back on any of the Roma 2's you returned, and invest in something that you can enjoy thoroughly and won't upset you everytime you look at it. I hope your day gets better!

Frequent Contributor

Streaks? I wonder what the process is for making leather look like Ostrich? Sounds like a production problem to me. Made too fast, rushed? Process didn't dry. So instead of waiting for them to be perfect they shipped them out. Did it come with a tag as some products do that said "Streaking is a normal process of this handbag?" So many complained of a strong odor. AND Lisa herself said it takes a while for the bag to wear and you were supposed to condition it or something like that? Who ever heard of that. Leather processing apparently isn't perfected.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/1/2014 cosmic1 said: I don't blame you. That is a load of horse hockey, what she told you. They must be spinning it that way to avoid taking a hit on the shipping charges. Mine was not scratched or streaked; does that mean that mine, in fact, is defective? I don't have the artistic streaking? If they keep this up, they will be out of business sooner rather than later.
Well according to her, everyone has the scratches and streaks because that's the design but you're all the smart ones and you loved it enough not to send it back. I just can't believe that I was so ignorant. So I guess they have the direct line to the artist and manufacturer in China because that's what she was told. I can't believe the mentality of anyone believing that an ostrich bag is designed with scratches and streaks. I wish I was on Facebook because I would post and ask Lisa about this bag. Gee I wonder if the Gucci bag has those streaks? And if they don't , well now I guess an artist didn't design them. What a bunch of bull and an insult to my intelligence.
Super Contributor

I am so sorry you are going through this nonsense. Did you think of contacting Lisa's facebook? I bet you would get a different response. Yes, we all know that this QVC's line, but Lisa is the face and the spokesperson for the bags, lay it in her lap. You should not be experiencing this rudeness, lack of respect and lack of courtesy. After all, you just want a new bag that is perfect, like so many others that were delivered. Good luck
Respected Contributor

They should not have called you and I would be upset too. Let it go and just know you know what is the right story with the bag and be glad to have returned. Don't let her steal your energy. Deep breaths.

Respected Contributor

I have a Natural Ostrich bag. There are a couple small streaks on my bag, but really not noticeable (one on the bottom, and one on the side that folds in). I'm pretty sure the streaks occurred because the paint was not completely dry when the bag was set down.

Maybe the manufacturer of the bags (in China?) told QVC that the streaks and scratches were part of the design, so they wouldn't be penalized in any way.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/1/2014 3star said: I am so sorry you are going through this nonsense. Did you think of contacting Lisa's facebook? I bet you would get a different response. Yes, we all know that this QVC's line, but Lisa is the face and the spokesperson for the bags, lay it in her lap. You should not be experiencing this rudeness, lack of respect and lack of courtesy. After all, you just want a new bag that is perfect, like so many others that were delivered. Good luck
I wish now that I was on Facebook but I am not. I would definitely bring all this to Lisa's attention. She never mentioned streaks and scratches were a part of the design because it is not true. Does the photo online show streaks and scratches that the supposed artist put on them? Unbelievable that these people think we are so ignorant and that they can put something over on us. I will not let this go because I know they are defective bags. I plan on writing a letter to the CEO because IMO it's deceitful. Don't tell me some untrue outrageous story that an artist designed these bags this way, (no artist designed this bag I can bet money on that) full of scratches on an ostrich bag. There were scratches on the bottom of the bag also and a long one on the tassel.
Super Contributor

Honestly, this whole episode tarnishes the brand, compromises the integrity of the network, and infuses doubt in the mind of returning as well as potential customers. When you're ready, you write that letter and also write your post on " Q did what?" It seems as though that forum is read by the administration. No one should e exposed to the treatment that you've received.