Occasional Contributor

glenna or turn lock satchel anyone?

Can't wait to see the new prints tomorrow!

I have a happy problem. I have a $20 off $80 or more coupon that I got in the mail to use on Vera Bradley.com. I got the same coupon last month and got a cargo sling in the Flutterby. Now that I've got a second one, I want to spend it wisely. I've been looking at the Glenna and the Turn Lock Satchel. Any recommendations? Don't know how many of these I'm gonna get.

~Joanne Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: glenna or turn lock satchel anyone?

I love my Glenna. Lots of organization & room. I babysit for a grandchild & use the outside back zipper pocket as a diaper bag. I can get a diaper, wipes, bag for used diapers, onsie, pants & disposable table cover in it. Plenty of room inside for my stuff. I have to take him to my book club on occasion, & have room to take the book or my iPad inside.

Trusted Contributor

I guess I love the turn lock satchel, since I own 3 of them. I love the way it looks, carries, the drop of the straps, and the size is perfect. Roomy but not oversized, and this coming from a person who prefers larger bags. Having said that, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Whichever one you decide, have fun carrying it and showing it off.
Honored Contributor

I think you would love the Glenna.{#emotions_dlg.wub} It's roomy, a nice shape and the strap drops are long enough to carry it comfortably. I also recommend the Turn Lock Wallet, if you need one. Have fun shopping the new colors! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

I have the Glenna in the 2 Canterbury colors. Love it for all the reasons that EdithEllenLily stated. I need straps that are long enough to actually put it over my shoulder and not have it too high up. This is great.

Contributor

I won't be much help - both of these bags are my favorites!! I think you need to decide what straps you would prefer. Both carry a lot and are very comfortable to carry.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone, I find myself leaning toward the Glenna..will probably wait til closer to the coupon's expiration date before I purchase. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Occasional Contributor

To make a long story longer Smiley Happy I decided on neither. I saw the triple zip crossbody in African Violet and went on waitlist for it. Hopefully that'll come in soon. Crossbodies work much better for me, I take the bus into the city for work.

Thanks everybody for your input! -Joanne

Esteemed Contributor

I own the Laura in Very Berry Paisley, but have yet to use it. The tags are still attached. Last year I saw a woman carrying it while in the doctor's office, and I couldn't keep my eyes off it. For some reason, the Very Berry looked so pretty in the Glenna.

So, why haven't I used it yet? I have NO idea! My plan is to use it in the fall, along with the two On the Go bags I haven't received yet from the big Vera eBay sale. I bought Venetian Paisley and Bittersweet, which I thought would both be great for the colder weather.

Like I don't already have enough bags in dark patterns for the colder weather, including several styles in Baroque, the Villager in Versailles, the Villager in Ellie Blue, the large Betsy and the Villager in Symphony in Hue, the large Betsy in Imperial Toile, and I think that's about it in the darker patterns. Whew!

I think I have to buy a few Vera duffel bags to store all my Vera bags!

Enjoy all your fun stuff {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Edited to change Glenna to Laura. I really thought it was a Glenna but surprise! surprise! it's a Laura. It's so pretty and the more I'm looking at it, the more I want to change bags tonight lol

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett