Frequent Contributor

Again another complaint about B Makowsky handbags! Help please!

My son in law purchased a purse for my daughter....# A23611. The leather cracked two months after use...too late to return. Called customer service and was told there is no contact info? Over $200 and a trash purse.....any suggestions please. Thanks in advance!
Super Contributor

Re: Again another complaint about B Makowsky handbags! Help please!

I would call customer service again and ask for a supervisor. Maybe look online for some kind of contact information too. To pay that much for a purse I would expect quality.....something QVC seems to be lacking these days. Good luck to you SIL and daughter. I hope something can be done.
Super Contributor

That seems to be CS's standard answer when you need to contact a manufacturer. Had the same thing happen to me when I had a problem with Bethlehem Lights years ago. Come on...they carry their products; they MUST know where they come from and how to contact them. I ended up looking on the internet, and found contact info there. Emailed Bethlehem Lights and they took care of the problem.

Trusted Contributor

I found this contact information on their website. It's worth a try. You can just copy and paste the URL. Send them an email telling them about the problem. Hopefully they can be of help to you. Good luck!

http://www.bmakowsky.com/services/contact

Member Since 11/20/2008
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone!
Contributor

I have the same issue with a bag I purchased here as well. The handles have cracked. I wrote to B Makowsky and their response advised that they bear no responsibility for the bag. Their response to me: Thank you for your interest in B.Makowsky products! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and appreciate your patience in our delayed reply. Please see our customer service policies below: Please be informed that as a Wholesaler, we do not have a repair facility, nor do we carry any inventory of our hardware (ie: buckles, buttons, studs, rivets), parts (ie: straps, leathers, dyes, polish), accessories (ie: keyfob, wallets, dust bags), or past styles in stock. Unfortunately, we also do not offer a cleaning or refurbishing service. B.Makowsky does not have a warranty on our items, and always recommends that our customers attempt a return/exchange, at the Retailer where the bag was purchased. Our agreement with all of our Retailers states their responsibility to accept our returns. We also recommend that you ask to speak with a manager when making the return or exchange. Unfortunately, as a Wholesaler, we are not equipped to issue refunds, reimbursements, and/or replacements to private individuals. Another suggestion would be to try a Shoe Repair or Leather Repair facility, but please be sure to research them carefully before actually having one work on your handbag. Some are quite capable and we want you to have a positive experience; however, we cannot be held responsible for any damages or changes made to your bag by an outside party.
Honored Contributor

You should be given a contact no. for BMak CS. Whether you spend $200 or $1,000, money is money and no has money to throw out the window. That is disgusting that is cracked. When I saw his handbags in person @ Macys, they did not look like quality so I never purchased one. Your son-in-law would be better off with Kate Spade bags when they have a sale (sign up for emails). Her bags are quality. Sorry that happened but like someone else said, ask for a supervisor because what happened is totally unacceptable.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

There are lots of brands that would probably be better purchases, but it's really a shame this happened. Personally, I avoid this brand and almost always have. I bought a couple of his bags early on, when the quality was supposedly still there, and had problems even then. That was it for me. If people would just stop buying them they'd go away!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I sent my very first B Mak bag back after four months for cracking problems. That was when he first started on QVC. I didn't call, I figured what did I have to lose at that point. They issued a refund and I have bought several bags of his since with no problems. I think its some kind of secret that they don't hold you to the 30 days with a true defect.

Frequent Contributor

Gee, do they still sell his brand? Haven't seen the around the clock shows like in years past....