Valued Contributor

Shoulder/Crossbody/Crook of Your Arm - What's your favorite?

Hey Ladies,

I have to ask - what's your favorite style/a way of carrying a handbag?

I LOVE to have shoulder length straps and carry a handbag over my shoulder CLOSE to my body for safety. Not a fan of long straps and bags hanging around my hip OR having to carry a small handle satchel in the crook of my arm - I mean seriously??? It's too heavy and uncomfortable, right??? Please, convince me it's not! ;-)

I love D&B but so many of their bags seem just not practical for me....but perhaps it's a good thing... = more $$$ in my pocket ;-)

Super Contributor

Re: Shoulder/Crossbody/Crook of Your Arm - What's your favorite?

I'm a crook of the arm or hold handles in my hand.
Respected Contributor

I love and my favorite is the shoulder bag too. Although, I do love the crook arm bag too.

Deb

Contributor

I like to keep both hands free so, on a day to day basis I use a shoulder bag. However, if I am doing a lot of shopping (Christmas, etc.) or someplace where theres a large crowd I prefer a crossbody bag.
Honored Contributor

Shoulder bag for me.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Shoulder if I'm in and out of the car a lot or going to a more dressed up event. Crossbody for traveling or long shopping sprees. I don't think I've ever had the ""handle"" or crook of the arm type bag.

KJPA
Respected Contributor

A true shoulder bag.....not one under my arm pit or down to my hips.

There are not nearly enough out there.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

Shoulder with a crossbody option, is my preference. I have to haul my groceries up a flight of stairs and I want to be able to carry them all and not worry about my bag. I've done it with a shoulder tote and it's a pain. I purposely switched purses last night so I could take my crossbody to the grocery store today.

Valued Contributor

On 4/22/2014 Lotus~ said:

A true shoulder bag.....not one under my arm pit or down to my hips.

There are not nearly enough out there. {#emotions_dlg.sad} {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Hahaha, EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! D&B seems not to care much about our needs....even after so many people asked for longer straps!!! I read an old thread and comments for Sue from 2012....still no improvements! Oh well....their loss! But I might give it a try with a crook of an arm kind of purse....although I am 99.99% sure I will not enjoy it!

I am just curious to know, why some women like to carry bags that way.....?

Honored Contributor

Crook of my arm or my hand, but also like a shoulder strap for when I need to use it, which isn't often. Don't do crossbody... ever... I find them uncomfortable and awkward and the size is usually just plain inadequate for my needs.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...