Frequent Contributor
Hello, has anyone noticed that macys barely has a dooney section? It's a mess and the selection is limited. Are they doing away with dooney? Other brands seem to be well taken care of.my local dooney outlet is closed for remodel from January to August. It's a good thing yet a bad thing as I love dooneys.
Trusted Contributor

They have 141 D&B items on their website so it seems like they are still longer carrying the brand.

Valued Contributor

I checked Macy's website for DB bags and most of them are NOT available at my local stores.... My guess is, most people who shop at Macy's buy bags for their names - MK, Coach, and they don't know the DB brand....which is also very expensive and most people are about the brand than anything else....Obviously, not us! ;-)

I am not quite sure what it is about DB that it's most popular on QVC and nowhere else...

Anyway, my point was - Macy's can't put DB (less known brand) next to Coach, etc. because it wouldn't sell as well.....In my opinion.....but that being said, I LOVE D&B!!!!!! Don't care for Coach!!! I LOVE genuine leather!

Honored Contributor

If you think the Macy's selection is limited, Lord and Taylor's is absolutely pathetic, and so much of what they do have right now are the seasonal bags, which don't interest me at all.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I think that it depends on the store. I go to the Manhattan (NYC) store and they always have a nice selection.

Trusted Contributor

In the Dallas area, the Macy's have a good selection of Dooney's.

Respected Contributor
My two Macy's has relegated Dooneys to a corner, side area , certainly not a focal point of the department. Dooneys are not trending as they say.
Respected Contributor

I was in Macy's last week looking for a Dooney and they didn't have too many. I was disappointed as the quality seems to be declining.

Have been a Dooney lover for years. The quality and styles just aren't suiting me anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Interesting. I have to say I have never bought a D&B but they are kept under lock and key at my local department store. We don't have a Macy's so the nicest department store we have is BonTon. MK is out in the open on tables and it's a new brand to me. But D&B has been around for years and most of their selection is in glass cases. You have to get a clerk if you want to touch {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Also, I was in a country club golf pro shop last weekend and would you believe they just started tocarry D&B? I think they want the golfers to have something nice to buy for their women? I told my hubby he can buy me one if he wants to {#emotions_dlg.lol}

KJPA
Valued Contributor
On 4/24/2014 KJPA said:

Also, I was in a country club golf pro shop last weekend and would you believe they just started tocarry D&B? I think they want the golfers to have something nice to buy for their women? I told my hubby he can buy me one if he wants to {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Interesting....We have D&B handbags at the golf "super shop" as well.