Frequent Contributor

No way to post reviews of new GILI tote purchased?

This seems a little suspicious since last TSV reviews were not favorable, overstock of TSV defective bags being sold as-is on QVC, supply of GILI items on Ebay, $500+ pony hair bag with only a few reviews after 300 sold during the Red Carpet show and an upcoming new Roma 2 TSV in May that must sale. I love Lisa but most of the items purchased over the past three weeks have went back due to being overpriced, lack of quality, misrepresentation of fabric and sizing issues. The GILI line serious needs quality control and consistent sizing. How can you order a jersey dress that is really a cotton nightgown or order sz 7.5 in one wedge shoe and need a sz 7 in another similar style wedge shoe or pay $$$ for a tote that cracks after two weeks of use or receive a "new" brandy colored GILI vintage tote with scratches on the front out of the box? I can honestly say that I have tried to support Lisa's brand (despite my inner wisdom saying the opposite) but have lost faith in this line....no more wasted time, money or return s/h from this woman!!!

Super Contributor

Re: No way to post reviews of new GILI tote purchased?

It sounds like you've made a wise decision about not supporting or buying products that you believe are inferior. I hope the Q picked up the tab when you were forced to return defective items, such as a "scratched" purse. Time to move on. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

So, the GILI tote that had all the problems with defective handles is coming back as a TSV in May. But they've taken down all the reviews which ended up with the original TSV having about a 3 star rating? Real classy

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't spend a dime on GILI.

Frequent Contributor

I would love another GILI tote to return as a TSV. i'm sorry so many had problems with this tote. I had none of the issues with my GILI tote. Guess I just got lucky. I absolutely love my bag. It would be nice if it came back even better and maybe more colors.

Respected Contributor

Coming from a handbag snob, I don't trust the quality of GILI bags and have never been tempted to purchase one.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Like pompom I have never been tempted either. I will not purchase a handbag made overseas so guess I am a snob too.

Super Contributor

On 4/21/2014 pommom said:

Coming from a handbag snob, I don't trust the quality of GILI bags and have never been tempted to purchase one.

Totally agree! I received one as a gift and although it's a nice looking bag, I would never buy another. The quality is just not there and it's totally overpriced as a brand (a no-name brand to boot lol).
Super Contributor

I have purchased GILI (Lisa Robertson's) bags before, and I can tell you, all have been returned. The quality of the leather is inferior to others, like Tignanello and Oryany. Cutting corners on the leather and charging such high prices is just wrong.

Frequent Contributor

The GILI Vintage Leather Large Hobo(a253949) in Brandy was delivered with several deep surface scratches. It came shipped in the dust bag and plastic, yet quality control looked past very noticeable marks on the front of a dark colored tote. Yes, QVC should pay for return shipping on a new defective $470 bag. As another person noted, QVC should not delete past reviews on the Roma 2 tote or not offer a way to review the Brandy Vintage Hobo. I guess they have to put up a good front to sell the new Roma 2 TSV on May 16th(think that is the correct date?). The blush pink colored Roma tote given to Amy on the LR Show appears to already have a cult following, so QVC will be okay without my feedback and money.