Esteemed Contributor

I've been looking for a neutral straw handbag for the summer, but, just can't find anything reasonable. A tote, not huge, or hobo would be preferable. However, I can not justify spending more than $100 on a bag for just three months. I would love your suggestions. Thanks for your help!

Super Contributor

I'm interested too. I've been looking for a reasonably priced one for several years!

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I thought I had a prospective winner with the new Vera Bradley straw bag. But the snap closure was too wimpy and the negative VB reviews confirm it. So, back to the search.

Vera Bradley - Straw Bucket Tote

Honored Contributor
A231027 I bought this at the end of summer last year, really like it.
"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor
http://www.coachfactory.com/store/default/the-april-17-event/new-arrivals/new-spring-looks/strw-flr-... Tried to post the pic and I couldn't . Unless you're a member of the Coach Factory site, not sure the link will take you there, but this is such a cute bag. It is $114, but it's adorable!
Honored Contributor

LOL, at first I thought you wanted a bag made of straw, like a basket-weave. Then I saw the other comments and realized you meant color.

Honored Contributor
On 4/20/2014 ValuSkr said:

LOL, at first I thought you wanted a bag made of straw, like a basket-weave. Then I saw the other comments and realized you meant color.

I think the OP does mean a straw bag....not necessarily a straw colored one.

Brighton makes several cute ones but they are pricey.

Super Contributor
On 4/19/2014 Drythe said: A231027 I bought this at the end of summer last year, really like it.

This is exactly the style of bag I was looking for! Unfortunately, the straw is version is sold out and they only have the fabric ones left. Great suggestion and I'll try looking for it somewhere else.

Honored Contributor

I got a nice straw bag last summer at penneys that was trimmed with black leather. Very pretty. it was my dress purse all last summer and will be again this year as it still looks like new.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to everyone for your help. I really appreciate it.

Happy Easter and/or Passover to all.